PDA

View Full Version : British columbia boone and crockett big game .

BIGHUNTERFISH
09-13-2012, 07:24 PM
What do you think the hardest animal to find in the Boone and Crockett class in British Columbia would be. Muledeer ,whitetail ,blacktail,grizzly,Bighorn sheep ,Stone sheep,Dall ,Shiras moose,Rocky mountain elk,others. I am going to say a Boone and Crockett typical muledeer ,with a dall sheep and Rocky mountain elk being also very very difficult.Your thoughts.:shock:

Rubicon500
09-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Would definatly be a booner Dall as theres only 3 in the book from BC I belive( dont got book in front of me) , # 1 and # 2 being from the same family.

TIKA 300
09-13-2012, 07:35 PM
What do you think the hardest animal to find in the Boone and Crockett class in British Columbia would be. Muledeer ,whitetail ,blacktail,grizzly,Bighorn sheep ,Stone sheep,Dall ,Shiras moose,Rocky mountain elk,others. I am going to say a Boone and Crockett typical muledeer ,with a dall sheep and Rocky mountain elk being also very very difficult.Your thoughts.:shock:

All of the above,some of us just plain suck as hunters !!! :wink: :cry:

dana
09-13-2012, 07:48 PM
I'd say a Booner Shiras, as they don't live in this province. ;)

BIGHUNTERFISH
09-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Didn't SCI re classify the moose in the kootenays as Shiras moose about 10 years ago.I am not sure about this so I am curious.

kennyj
09-13-2012, 08:11 PM
All very hard, but I would say Dall sheep and Rocky Mtn elk would be hardest. IMO
kenny

dana
09-13-2012, 08:27 PM
Didn't SCI re classify the moose in the kootenays as Shiras moose about 10 years ago.I am not sure about this so I am curious.

But your question was about Boone & Crockett was it not? Under B&C there are no Shiras in BC. So, again to answer your question, a Shiras moose would indeed be the hardest to get in BC.

Bighorn hunter
09-13-2012, 10:12 PM
You beat me to it Dana! :)