PDA

View Full Version : Skagit Valley

heatherdaddy
09-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Has anyone been in the Skagit Valley hunting or scoping it out yet this year. I am wondering what is like there as I am planning to go there in a few weeks and am wondering what to expect. I was going last fall but it was washed out.

Thanks

keoke
09-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Very dry and crunchy right now, needs a week or two of rain to do any spot and stalk.

olympia
09-13-2012, 06:33 PM
i was there last october, saw lots of tracks once you get up into the high country, saw lots of bear scat and tracks but we got up there too late, it was around noon so i figure the animals were already gone. it was nice up there, very little sign of human activity

heatherdaddy
09-14-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks, I am thinking of heading up for a small hunting trip in October. Hopefully we will get some rain by then.

BearStump
09-14-2012, 12:55 PM
Was up uthere 2 days ago and yes its quite crunchy. saw a ton of deer tracks of all sizes up high. saw 5 Bears, almost shot one but he would'nt sit still in the open long enough so I just watched through my scope for a good 20 min till it got dark.

wetcoaster
09-30-2012, 03:24 PM
Get up higher out of the bottoms EARLY, get your high hiking boots on and put some miles on. Any of the deer in the bottoms will be pushed up to you by all the road hunters and bottom hunters that show up late.

BCHunterTV
09-30-2012, 03:48 PM
check out Galene Lake, its a series of sub-alpine lakes high above Ross Lake and Skagit Valley.