PDA

View Full Version : Chilliwack

kako99
09-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Hey there, just wondering if any one can help me out on some good alpine day hikes up in the chilliwack valley. I was looking for some info around center creek but cant find much. If you know any other trails that are worth the hike that would be great too. Feel free to pm me thanks!

proguide66
09-12-2012, 05:19 PM
I had to pick up my horse from Chilliwack a week ago. That are sure looks juicey around there ! lots of nasty hills to help stuff die of old age. The lady who was training my horse said there was " loads of deer".

BCHunterTV
09-12-2012, 08:10 PM
ive been out 3 weekends looking...

http://youtu.be/le2OLhUuzk8

Jelvis
09-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Day hikes into the alpine? Wow you must be in shape, one day to climb the alpine and back?
Pierce Mountain is a goody. Cheam and Chipmunk, Tamihi and Depot Creek.
I love the Chillywack River valley, git out thar and walk --
Jel ( Alpine ) jelpine -- Have a great hike hunter --

akyne
09-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Centre Creek is a pretty good bushwack. If you're looking for dedicated hiking routes, check out Elk - Thurston, Slesse Memorial, Pierce Lakes, Flora Lake, Hanging Lake, etc etc. If you're looking to go hunting, pick a mountain and start going up...

kako99
09-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the great info guys! It will help me out a lot. I'm going to go scout the area this weekend. Good luck to u all

BCHunterTV
09-13-2012, 05:51 AM
Pierce Lake and upper Pierce lake are on my to do list, the google earth images of the area look really good! another lake is Galene Lake off the Skagit River road...

im heading out for a day hike/hunt this weekend, my mom is tagging along for the scenry and to stay in shape

PKernohan
09-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Flora is a wicked hike, but its pretty grueling. Me and some buddies hiked it a few years ago. Hiked up stayed 2 nights then hiked out, but on the way out we came out the back way through greendrop then lindeman and out. That back trail isn't well marked and we had to do a lot of backtracking to find the route again. But it was fun and an absolutely gorgeous hike.

BCHunterTV
09-13-2012, 09:25 AM
I went the linderman greendrop flora loop, found it to easy... Mom held me up, lol. I agree from greendrop to flora the trail isn't marked very well

PKernohan
09-13-2012, 09:32 AM
Ya if you take the Lindeman-Greendrop-Flora route, the elevation gain is pretty gradual and its not that bad. It was definitely nicer to hike that route on our way home then to climb back up and over the mountain and back down the flora trail.