PDA

View Full Version : Gun rack for quad recommendations

LUCKY
09-12-2012, 08:46 AM
Looking for a gun rack for quad rack. Not interested in a boot.

Recommendations?

I'm in Victoria and there does not seem to be many options here.
Can Tire has Rhino XL but they look kinda cheap and mixed reviews when I google.

Thanks
LUCKY

David
09-12-2012, 12:01 PM
The "double" holders caused my two firearms to "rub" together - discarded them.

I have a piece of foam taped to the bottom of the holders - less "bouncy", gun is held tighter, and can use holder as a rest if I hunt/shoot near the ATV.

One of my rifles doesn't really work well in the holder (Magnum with longer barrel), the best places for the holder to "grab" means the barrel of the gun sticks out 2-3" from the left side of my quad whereas the butt of the gun is 2-3" in from the right side of the quad. Can't adjust the holders due to the design of the front rack on the quad.

Mine are something like these (not the doubles):
http://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=71&section=1182&section2=1216&ID=28652
http://www.cabelas.ca/index.cfm?pageID=71&section=1182&section2=1216&ID=28653

I have the mounted up close to the windshield/handlebars (not way out front like in the cabelas picture) and have my tool box mounted in front of that to protect gun/scope.

Singleshotneeded
09-13-2012, 09:45 AM
I've got the Kolpin single gun holders, one mounted on each side of my front quad box, with an aluminum backing
plate on the inside of the quad box, so while quadding if the mounts take a hit then they don't rip out of the box.
I keep my rifle in those, ready to go (unloaded of course), when I'm in a good area, on my way to where I'm going
to still hunt. If I'm going fast on a tight trail I'll put my rifle in the gun boot beside the quad to protect it...

LUCKY
09-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Thanks for replies.
I picked up some Kolpin Rhino XLs from Can Tire for $40.00 and mounted them up.
Will give them a try this weekend. Cheap enough to give a try and replace when I get to a better shop in the future.

LUCKY