PDA

View Full Version : anyone know of anything like this in Powell River

b.c hunter 88
09-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Hey everyone
Well i set out tomorrow to go hunting and iv been reading allot of story's of guys getting attacked by grizzly cougers....ect.
I'm wondering if Powell River has ever had this happen I'm asking cause we don't normally see grizzly but a few of my logger buddy are seeing them one was spotted in the valley i plan to hunt in.
Don't get me wrong i know they are around but my buddy bailed out so ill be hunting solo ill have someone staying at camp but it don't help me if something happens.
I hear Vancouver island has this stuff happen all the time.

akyne
09-12-2012, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I hear guys get into car accidents all the time but I still drove to work this morning. There's all kinds of critters around Powell just waiting for their next meal but you can't worry about it. Go hunting, remain aware of your surroundings, maintain a clean camp, and keep your powder dry.

b.c hunter 88
09-12-2012, 10:06 AM
thanks i never heard of anything like this happening over hear i was just wondering if attacks have ever happend hear in pr

mtnmanmike
09-12-2012, 01:50 PM
Grizzly cougers is that like a Liger?

Jagermeister
09-12-2012, 02:11 PM
You will find grizzly cougers only if you stop in the bar in Powell River. And they like their meat to aged about 24 years.:lol:

BlacktailStalker
09-12-2012, 03:23 PM
Most guys who get killed by cougars are deemed missing and then dead after not showing up after an extended period of time since they never make it back to town to tell anyone about the cougar attack :shock:

wildman 22
09-12-2012, 06:21 PM
My sis has pics of grizz in town and big black bears walking down her street.It is also the only place that i was lucky enough to see a cougar.i personally think you will have no problem, just be aware of your sorroundings. cheers

Hunting12
09-12-2012, 06:45 PM
i have only heard of one attack a few years ago and that was a black bear

b.c hunter 88
09-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Do you know the whole story

i have only heard of one attack a few years ago and that was a black bear

Trophyslayer
09-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Grizzly cougers are mean animals they mainly prey on solo hunters and the odd hiker I hear they are behind every tree in Powell river

Allen50
09-16-2012, 08:25 PM
well remember one thing your the guy with the gun,,, right,,if your afraid better stay home..

firstshot
09-16-2012, 08:58 PM
Bring a couger and a grizzly tag and you will be sure not to run into either

mwalter
09-16-2012, 09:21 PM
I am nervous just thinking about getting out of my truck for a whizz in that area. Good luck

Hunting12
09-16-2012, 09:58 PM
ya the guy was just mushroom picking came across the bear. he started to back away slowly and the bear followed. he ended up using bear spray on him three different times well trying to run away. he did end up getting away but with some big scars on his back.

M.Dean
09-16-2012, 10:01 PM
By all means be on your guard for any dangerous type situations, but from years and years of hunting alone, don't let some fictitious situation wreck your entire trip even before you leave your house! As long as your comfortable with your shooting skill's, you have a decent, clean and well oiled Rifle in the tent with you, your the deadliest thing out there's, what in God's name is going to get you? And, never ever simply fire through the tent wall because some thing fell on top the tent,or what ever, could be a Bear, but could be some guy from the next valley drunk out of his mind going to show you his Full Curl Ram, or a Black Tail Buck he shot, who knows!!! It takes a bit to become comfortable camping by your self, but Solo your positive your Porridge and toast are going to be cooked perfectly,because you did it! And when you do pack up to leave you can say"I Did It!!!!!! Have a Great Trip!

chilcotin hillbilly
09-16-2012, 10:23 PM
I am giving you only 3 days before the great creature eats you. Anyone else want to pick how many days.

Just kidding have fun and don'r worry about any thing.

b.c hunter 88
09-17-2012, 08:26 AM
ha ha thanks guys the trip was cut short Friday evening after i filled my bear tag.
the area we wear in theirs a crap load of bears black and grizzly like maybe 100 yards out of the campsite and we wear the only ones out there.
i didt get to fare due to how over grown it was in the valley it was something lie 20 years ago when they logged back there.
i ended up hunting Freda lake area.I'm sure there are cougars in that area but i did't see any but seen tracks guess its all about being careful out there.
Id sure like to hear of other attacks by wild animals around hear I'm more wondering if any ones ever been killed by one.

Legi0n
09-17-2012, 08:27 PM
keep a slug-gun handy