PDA

View Full Version : question regarding rifle hunting around Green Lake?

curt
09-10-2012, 09:09 PM
So quick question regarding rifle hunting around Green Lake North end there is some crown land and some lease land in and around Green on the north side towards Watch Lake. I was just curious what the restriction if any would be for rifle hunting I cant seem to fine anything in the regs beyond the 400 meters from certain designated hwy's??The reason I ask if you know the area it is very much cottage country mingled in with the crown land, so I'm not totally confident you can just open up there with a rifle yet cant find anything in the regs regarding any rifle restriction in 501 Anyone have any insight on this?

olharley guy
09-10-2012, 09:22 PM
Howdy, lake cottage area but a lot of old roads in the whole area and quite a few deer in these areas. 10-15 minutes drive in one direction you are in Lone Butte area, same time in the other direction you are in Bonaparte area which is also good - lots of area to explore.
You just have to pick your shots re the houses in the green lake area. 100 meters from a dwelling law and the 15 meters on the road trick,make sure it is not private property.
later

The Dude
09-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I think it's 400 M from an occupied building, is it not?

Krico
09-10-2012, 11:39 PM
I think it's 400 M from an occupied building, is it not?

Nope, 100 metres. Had an interesting confrontation with somebody regarding that topic once...... Page 13 of the current regs.

butthead
09-11-2012, 07:20 PM
you boys need to read your regs

Krico
09-11-2012, 10:54 PM
you boys need to read your regs

Please explain. The regs clearly state 100 metres. If you know of a no hunting allowed provincial park or conservancy where he's asking about, why not just advise the guy?