PDA

View Full Version : Any luck in Illal meadows?

Hycroft
09-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Hi,

I did some hiking up in Illal Meadows (MU 2-17) this summer, and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck hunting up there? I'm thinking about making the trip soon, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jessonml
09-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Funny I was wondering the same thing, looks like nice country. I've hunted nearby in 8-5 and it is beautiful up there. Looks like reasonable access and close to the Coq. and the LML maybe its busy up there? I don't have much to offer in the way of information but maybe someone else does? Looks like you access off the Tulameen FSR. Did you see any deer when you were up there in the summer? I bet there's goats up there!

chilcotin hillbilly
09-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Been there many times , good mule deer but you have to really look hard for a good one. Alot of young bucks running around. About a 2 hour hike of the Tulameen FSR.

DGuest
09-12-2012, 09:07 AM
This is a coincidence, just on Monday I was scanning Google earth for a place to hunt not far from Vancouver and stumbled on this area. Might head up there for a day hike just to scope things out.

DGuest
09-17-2012, 07:14 PM
So I hiked in there last weekend, didn't see any deer but I saw a big black bear. Looks promising, just not sure how long it will be until the snow really starts flying up there.

BCHunterTV
09-18-2012, 10:50 PM
Illal Meadows looks interesting

solo
09-19-2012, 05:58 PM
Your first post and it looks like you may have started a stampede!:-P

brian
09-19-2012, 08:01 PM
I do a search on club tread trip reports for any new area that I am thinking of going into. I just want to see what kind of activity the area sees from hikers. Illal meadows has two pages of trip reports and a decent amount of photos on google maps, so its a pretty heavily used recreation area. Keep that in mind if you choose to hunt it.