PDA

View Full Version : Regs question: Can I carry two guns?

seanps
09-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Want to clear this up before I go out for the Region 2 season opener tomorrow. I'm wondering: If I'm hiking, is there any issue with me carrying two guns, as long as only one is loaded at a time?

Just received a Henry .22 survival rifle (link here (http://henryrepeating.com/rifle-survival-ar7.cfm)) as a gift. It's a neat 3.5 lb. gun that comes apart and fits inside the stock. Takes maybe 60 seconds to assemble.

I'd like to carry it (unloaded) in my backpack while deer hunting, for when I come across a grouse or bunny (put down the 30-30, assemble/load the .22, fire, take apart the .22, keep walking with the 30-30). Any issue with this? I'm assuming that I can't have both guns loaded at the same time, but it seems no different to me than driving with a couple guns in the truck.

ianwuzhere
09-09-2012, 07:11 PM
no issues, have fun and hopefully ya get to shoot both guns at somethin!!!

fearnodeer
09-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Good question i have never read anywhere that you canot pack two loaded rifles while hunting in B.C, neat 22 by the way.

shelg
09-09-2012, 07:32 PM
That was an old school rule. Is is not the case anymore but if in doubt call a CO.

Gateholio
09-09-2012, 08:17 PM
YOu can keep them both loaded if you like.

finngun
09-09-2012, 08:38 PM
i have combination gun and both barrels are loaded for sure,,,or is that only one gun???:?:to bee or not to bee

Jetboat
09-09-2012, 08:50 PM
No limit on how many guns you can carry, loaded or not.

Hunter Dog
09-09-2012, 09:07 PM
As long as you don't have a person with that is not licenced your good to go.

seanps
09-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Oh, great! Thanks guys. Easy peasy.

The Dude
09-09-2012, 09:28 PM
Lemon Squeezie.

Cool little gun BTW. Might have to get me wunna dem :D

bandit
09-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Takes maybe 60 seconds to assemble.

I'd like to carry it (unloaded) in my backpack while deer hunting, for when I come across a grouse or bunny (put down the 30-30, assemble/load the .22, fire, take apart the .22, keep walking with the 30-30).

I havent seen many grouse sitting still for that long, you might be pretty lucky to find one that sits still while you assemble then load your 22 then shoot it!

seanps
09-10-2012, 12:11 AM
:) Some of them are awfully dumb in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for the compliments about the gun. It shoots quite well; nice toy.

junkyard_g
09-12-2012, 11:42 AM
as long as u dont have a non-PAL holder with you your all good.

ZENYO
09-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Is this a regulation or precaution?

Thanks

chinook
09-12-2012, 10:08 PM
Not to jack the thread, but is it legal to carry a gun and a bow at the same time? A bow for deer during a bow only deer season while at the same time hunting for moose in a GOS?

Goliath
09-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Not to jack the thread, but is it legal to carry a gun and a bow at the same time? A bow for deer during a bow only deer season while at the same time hunting for moose in a GOS?

Yes it's fine. Although if you're really concerned, don't rely on info from any forum...the courts would laugh at you.

finngun
09-13-2012, 09:03 AM
No limit on how many guns you can carry, loaded or not.
well there is a limit ,if yuo are duck hunting... only one loaded gun..:mrgreen:

jjkelowna
09-13-2012, 08:09 PM
as long as u dont have a non-PAL holder with you your all good.

Doesn't matter if he has a PAL or not, so long as you do! You can supervise a non-PAL holder with a gun. It may be a problem if you have someone with you who doesn't have a HUNTING licence though. The CO may not buy that you are the only one hunting if there are two guns, two guys but only one hunting licence!

3mk
09-13-2012, 08:32 PM
THAT IS RIGHT YOU HAVE A GUN IN THE BUSH IN HUNTING SEASON AND NO HUNTING LICENCE .YOUR HUNTING this is what the CO said to me

Peter Pepper
09-13-2012, 08:52 PM
THAT IS RIGHT YOU HAVE A GUN IN THE BUSH IN HUNTING SEASON AND NO HUNTING LICENCE .YOUR HUNTING this is what the CO said to me

I think that CO is making up his own rules. It won't stand up in court, it wouldn't even get to court as the crown wouldn't press charges. They press the charges, not the CO.

bcmulie
09-14-2012, 09:27 AM
I think that CO is making up his own rules. It won't stand up in court, it wouldn't even get to court as the crown wouldn't press charges. They press the charges, not the CO.

From the regs:

"Hunt and hunting - includes shooting at, attracting, searching for, chasing, pursuing, following after or on the trail of, stalking, or lying in wait for wildlife or attempting to do any of those things, whether or not the wildlife is then or subsequently wounded, killed or captured: (a) with intention to capture the wildlife, or (b) while in possession of a firearm or other weapon."

So if you're out in the bush looking for wildlife and you have a gun in your possession, you're hunting.

bcmulie

Hurtlocker
09-14-2012, 10:20 AM

Racoons are open all year round, so buy this reasoning you would never be able to have a gun in the bush without a hunting licence.

Dad and son
09-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Many have responded correctly that there is no limit to the amount of firearms you can carry when hunting (except waterfowl). the issue that no one has addressed is the issue of carrying a loaded firearm while hunting. Everyone has their own rules and safety precautions but I never hunt with anyone who walks with a loaded firearm. I would encourage you to hunt with a rifle with a detachable magazine so you can quickly load your firearm and not climb over and under logs and debris with a loaded rifle.

Peter Pepper
09-15-2012, 07:58 AM
From the regs:

"Hunt and hunting - includes shooting at, attracting, searching for, chasing, pursuing, following after or on the trail of, stalking, or lying in wait for wildlife or attempting to do any of those things, whether or not the wildlife is then or subsequently wounded, killed or captured: (a) with intention to capture the wildlife, or (b) while in possession of a firearm or other weapon."

So if you're out in the bush looking for wildlife and you have a gun in your possession, you're hunting.

bcmulie

I have to call BS on that.
If you are just hiking with a antibear gun, or out target shooting, or carring a gun cause you like to, then aren't dooing any of the above hunting activities you are fine.

shottyshooter
09-15-2012, 08:27 AM
From the regs:

bcmulie

So if I'm scouting deer - I'm hunting?!? Lets say it isn't deer season and I don't want to get eaten by a bear so I have a shotgun while pre-season scouting - I guesss I'm hunting deer out of season then.

It's an old trick to get you to agree to two things and then put them together and suddenly, by your own admission, you're incriminated. :shock:

Bowzone_Mikey
09-15-2012, 10:29 AM

Huh?????

Ignorance truely is bliss

Bowzone_Mikey
09-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Doesn't matter if he has a PAL or not, so long as you do! You can supervise a non-PAL holder with a gun. It may be a problem if you have someone with you who doesn't have a HUNTING licence though. The CO may not buy that you are the only one hunting if there are two guns, two guys but only one hunting licence!

Once again .... HUH!!????
Where do people come up with shit ...
By that logic then every time we go to the woods with a Gun that its not Hunting season then we are poaching ...
Seriously people ... give yer head a shake qand use some critical thinking skills ... Because common sense does not aparently exist anymore