PDA

View Full Version : Boots in Seattle

the stump
09-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Hi guys

Heading down to Seattle on a quick trip and I have been looking for some new boots - does anyone know of any good stores to check out while I am down there? I tried on the Meindl Canada Pros but felt my heel was slipping too much - does anyone have any suggestions? I know Cabelas but wanted to look at some other options....

avadad
09-07-2012, 11:35 PM
I got a pair of North Face Verba Backpacker GTX for alpine hunting. I looked for over a year before I decided on this pair. Full grain leather, replaceable vibram soles and full toe rand and they fit like a dream although I had to go a size and a half from what I have worn before. I got mine in Portland but i see that North Face has two stores in Seattle. Got them on sale as well. Good Luck.

Vossie
09-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeagers sporting goods in Bellingham. Sells Kenetreks, best boot I have so far.

Mountaintop
09-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Check out REI. They are mostly camping, backpacking and kayaking but they do have good boots. You can check whet they have on the web and drop by their main store in Seattle.

the stump
09-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know of speciality shops? Or any opinions on the cabelas boots like the alaskas (heard they may leak)...I was hoping to try on some lowa tibet pros and the kennetrek mtn extremes before I buy. I already tried the mendls and didnt find the fit quite right.

Goliath
09-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Yeagers sporting goods in Bellingham. Sells Kenetreks, best boot I have so far.

Not anymore. They're now only peddling garden variety junk Danners & Irish $hitter$.

the stump
09-09-2012, 07:45 AM
Ok so it looks like Seattle may not be the best option - what are the good boot shops on Broadway other than AJ Brooks? I would really like to try on a pair of Lowas Tibets or Hunter Extremes...

375 ultramag
09-09-2012, 08:34 AM
We were in REI last year and they a good selection, might be worth to have a look.

hellojello74
09-10-2012, 12:11 PM
there are some good stores in seattle, some good bootfitters too, are you still coming?

the stump
09-12-2012, 06:46 PM
yep still planning on going down - any suggestions for stores? i would really like to try some lowas (tibet or hunter extreme) and/or kennetrecks (mtn extremes) while down there.

Goliath
09-12-2012, 07:38 PM
yep still planning on going down - any suggestions for stores? i would really like to try some lowas (tibet or hunter extreme) and/or kennetrecks (mtn extremes) while down there.

Have you tried calling Kennetrek and just asking for a list of west Washington dealers?

Tanya
09-13-2012, 06:00 AM
Everyone's foot, ankle and knees differ to some degree. Try on lots of boots and go with what fits you best. I tried on a pair of Kennetreks at Huntfest, really liked them, but that doesn't mean they'll work for you.

Jesse_01
09-13-2012, 10:43 PM
Yeah I would hit up REI, I love that store. I wear Asolo boots, I think I seen Cabela's sell them I know REI does for sure. Also get some smart wool socks, fml they are the best.