PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an Outfitter

Nevada Wapati
09-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Hello, I'm looking for a Canadian Moose/Caribou Combo hunt for 2013. I'm planning to drive as I want to bring the meat home with me. I'm wanting a hunt that I'll have a very good chance of taking good mature represenatives of both species. I'm not looking for a cheap hunt but want a good value hunt for my money.

I've looked at Blackwater River Outfitting and Lehman Creek Outfitters down in Areas 5-12 & 5-13 by Itcha Ilgachuz Park. Do any of you have any information on these areas or outfitters? I understand the animals further north are generally more numerous and larger but not sure if it's worth the extra money that those outfitters are charging. What are your thoughts?

Any other recommendations or ideas? Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide.

Randy

264mag
09-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Try the Guide Outfitters Association website. Best place to filter out the wheat from the chaff. Good Luck.

OCB.C.
09-11-2012, 09:26 PM
I have sent you a Priavte Message, please view :)

bowhunterbruce
09-11-2012, 09:42 PM
here is link to the guides and outfitter

http://www.goabc.org/outfitter-directory-and-hunt-guide-directory.aspx

there is a ton of info here that will help ya out.

Nevada Wapati
09-13-2012, 11:48 AM
Thanks, I had already checked out the BC Guide Outfitters Associtaion website and contacted about a dozen of the outfitters. That is where I learned of Blackwater River and Lehman Creek. I just wanted to get the opinions of those that know BC and the hunting.

specbelly
09-13-2012, 11:52 AM
We hunt 5-12 every year. There are some quality caribou in there and not to hard to find but is fly or horseback in only. Moose numbers are down but we always fill our LEH. Big bulls (moose) are harder to find in there as oppose to the north country (Ft Nelson etc) but still some very nice animals if you are prepared to wait.

skibum
09-13-2012, 01:28 PM
I don't know if there were be too many guys/girls on this site that have used guides in BC as most are resident hunters and don't need guides for those hunts.

A couple will have, some might know the reputation of the guides you have listed.

OCB.C.
09-13-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey Nevada, if got some info If you wanna shoot me a PM? I book through a few norther BC outfitters... Let me know, thanks!

09-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Your odds are better at getting a decent Bou in the Itchas as opposed to a big Bull Moose, sure they are there but, if you want biggys of both ........ GO NORTH THERE MISTER !

Northern BC, Ft. Nelson, Muskwa, Tuchodi, Terrace etc ......

CT

Be prepared to part company with BIG $$$$