PDA

View Full Version : Tetsa river PP hunting ??

lightmag
09-07-2012, 01:57 PM
any info anyione has about camping at tetsa river Privincial Park and hunting from there would be greatly appreciated, is there hunting access from camp? foot? quad? is it a good area, moose/elk, goat?? looks lik ehunting partners want to head that way sept 25-oct5 so any insight would be greatly appreciated, just general, no need to give up your spots.. unless you want to lol, PM's are fine too.

Thx so much guys

lightmag
09-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Nothing ? No info

backstrap
09-11-2012, 06:48 PM
I worked up there last summer for a few months but got shipped out right after the season opened so i didn't get to hunt much. However i did check things out preseason quite a bit. There were some good maps available at the tourist centre in Fort Nelson. Stop at the trappers den on your way in to the Fort as well, its 10 or 15mins before you hit town. Also, chat up the CO's, they were quite helpful and put me on to a ton of elk. I saw a ton of game around tetsa, moose, elk, a couple beauty mulies, LOTS of grizz sign!! Up past toad river i saw some stone sheep (no legal rams) and some caribou. There is a vehicle restriction for lots of the area up there if my memory serves me correctly. We would just pick a road off the map and go for a walk, every time we saw something! Sorry i can't remember any of the road names, they're all in my map book at home and I'm a long way away at the moment. Beautiful and plentiful country up there and most definitely worth the trip, some great fishing too! I never got the chance to get into the mountains for more than a day so i'll bet that once you get in there aways it will get really good!

Hope thats a bit of help

backstrap