PDA

View Full Version : Lost Bow Castlegar area.

papaken
09-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Please help! Lost my PSE Axe compound bow while hunting in Castlegar area today Sept. 06/12. I stupidly set it down on the ground while I loaded some stuff in the truck after hiking all morning and then headed back to town. Didn't realize until late that it was not in the truck. I think it was on a deadend side road just south of the Castlegar Golf Course. Went back but did not find it. Hoping another hunter or hiker found it and either turns it in to the police or can pm me for my contact info. I live in the Abbotsford area but also have family in Castlegar area.
Thanks papaken

The Silent Stalker
09-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Sorry to hear it, hope you get it back.

Spy
09-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Hope you get it back good luck !

Tenaka
09-07-2012, 09:22 AM
report it to the rcmp with the serial number so they can get it on the system. it may end up in a pawn shop. i hope you get it back

lovemywinchester
09-07-2012, 09:42 AM
Bummer. Easy to do I think. I got back to my truck after being on stand all morning last weekend and flaked out for a quick nap before leaving(up ay 4am for the first time). Woke up and started the truck to drive away and realized I left my bow on the grass beside the truck. Good lesson to do the walk around before leaving. Hope you find it.

locdog_99
09-07-2012, 11:17 AM
sounds like some1 got a good score

Whonnock Boy
09-07-2012, 12:10 PM
This is an instance where you hope the person that found/finds it does the right thing and hands it over to the cops.

If it's any consolation, I did that with my $250 boots. I did not realize that I forgot them until I got home. I was hoping they would still be there the following weekend but.....

dave_fras
09-07-2012, 01:53 PM
i did it with my work puch and wallet the other day!... then i top some crackhead that was walking with it!... hahah teh idiot tried telling me it was his then he took a swing at me lolol

Vader
09-07-2012, 02:12 PM
archery circle is small... got a picture of anything special on it? any marks that would help identify?

allan
09-07-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm camping some where close to there right now, send me a detailed description where exactly and I can poll some of the hunters in the area that I've met this week.
sorry about your loss.
Ps. On my way up a local mtn, saw a huge 6x6 elk....
Right next to someone elses camp tent. (sigh..)

hunter1993ap
09-07-2012, 07:55 PM
i lost my camera on the weekend really sucks, hope you find your bow.

Ambush
09-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Report it to the police and start a file. Take the file number to your insurer. It is considered stolen, if found and not turned in. And obviously it was found, because it is no longer there.

No such thing as "finders, keepers". If the person that has it gets caught with it, he can be charged.

And maybe some honest person found it and has already contacted the police. Happened to me, years ago, with a shotgun. Got it back the next day.

papaken
09-08-2012, 07:43 AM
It is done in "Skulls Camo" and I have the serial number so I can identify it if found. Thanks to all of you for your help and comments. I will let you know how things turn out. One great thing about this trip was that after 27 years together my wife came hunting with me and really wants to go again. She doesn't have her PAL yet but does have her own crossbow. She was quite excited to see a heard of 25 elk with one big bull the first evening and we got within 30 yards of 2 cows the second morning. We did see a nice black bear but he was coming out of the school grounds in the middle of town lol. Thx papaken

meathead
09-08-2012, 07:47 AM
there was only a handfull of guys that were there most likley was a hunter that found it so hopfully it will be returned i will call the crew back home and see wate they say mabey they might find it

Darksith
09-08-2012, 07:58 AM
someone obviously went back to the spot to look for it? If not the cops would Im sure.

papaken
09-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Castlegar is very strange place. My sister tried to phone the non-emergency police number and was told they were closed. Mom went Saturday to the police station and it was closed 'til Monday. Apparently the old saying is right. "never a cop around when you need one" lol Mom and sister will try again Monday and thanks to all for the help.

cameron0518
09-09-2012, 11:48 PM
write it off but good luck

Bro 300
09-12-2012, 01:14 PM
hello,
Worst case scenario, check with your house insurance. Most plans contain some coverage for this sort of thing. Good luck.

papaken
09-12-2012, 04:18 PM
Called the insurance and yes it is covered, but $500.00 deductible and rates go up by $25.00 a year for 3 years. Not going to make a claim just yet, will wait a while and see if it shows up. My sister has a large network of friends in the area and will be checking the papers and the pawn shop. I've heard of people getting lost stuff back weeks later. "And maybe there is a pony in that room full of manure!"
Thx papaken