PDA

View Full Version : 502 zone c

tomla1
09-06-2012, 08:38 PM
looking for some info on the zone, we have a moose draw for the first of november and will likley be camping at polley lake, unless someone has a better spot or just a good reason for us not to stay there. If anybody has some info im all ears, and would greatly appretiate it.
Thanks

Cdn-Redneck
09-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Hunted around Polley lake for many years, but not for about 5 or 6 years, the mine was taking over a lot of the area. Watch the snow that time of the year, the lake is down hill into the campsite. It was quite thick around there then. Look around Edney lake area we had good luck around there it just has limited access into that area.

Gunner
09-06-2012, 09:02 PM
Another area to consider would be Gavin Lake,west of Polley lake.We took a bull out of there last September,the blocks around Polley have grown up to much. Gunner

srosscoj
09-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Set up camp at Jacobie lake. you can hunt for miles along that entire side of the Highway.

ravensfoot
09-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Talk to Srupp here on the forums. He knows the area well and is always glad to give you some tips.

XPEIer
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
I would not go to Polley, you are not gaining anything by camping there, hunting is limited to areas along the ditch road. I concur with Jacobie Lake, a much closer, easier drive in, and moose around Spectacle Lake.

xpeier

The Silent Stalker
09-10-2012, 09:05 PM
We had some great success two years ago hunting in the Horsefly area. There is a road from the town of Horsefly that goes up towards Quesnel lake and Likely Lake. Some good areas along the way. It was the only time I have ever been out there and we got two moose in 3 days. Im sure more guys will have better info you than I do, so good luck.

tomla1
09-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the input guys, sounds like jacobie lake is where ill be.

natebavis
09-20-2012, 10:06 PM
I have 2 doe draws for the same time, lookin forward to it!!!