PDA

View Full Version : New Hunters and Initiation Hunting Licence

Morel
09-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Does anyone know the current status of the "Initiation Hunting License"? I have seen the proposal in the 2012-2014 regs (pg. 15) and http://a100.gov.bc.ca/pub/ahte/hunting/initiation-hunting-licence-1. This sounds like a great, low stakes way of getting people into hunting!

My reading of the proposal is it would be a one-time license allowing someone without their CORE to hunt while accompanied by a licensed mentor. This sounds like a great idea! From my reading of the regs and ministry website it seems that this is just in the proposal stage. Does anyone have information on when or if this has been implemented?

If the license is not yet available perhaps it would be worth sending letters, e-mails or other requests to the ministry to have this available this year or next year.

sed8ed
09-06-2012, 10:33 PM
What a fantastic idea... This has my full support and what ever email's, letters, etc that are needed I will send in support of this.

Morel
09-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Well, the honorable Steve Thompson is the Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations, on the Legislative Assembly of British Columbia website (://www.leg.bc.ca/mla/39thParl/thomsons.htm) his e-mail is listed as steve.thomson.mla@leg.bc.ca. Send e-mails to show support for this proposition.

bandit
09-07-2012, 09:34 AM
Public consultation period ended on July 13th. Its a relatively major rule change which may need the wildlife act to be amended - I would very much doubt it will be agreed in time for the 2013 season but most likely 2014.

Paulyman
09-07-2012, 09:42 AM
I love it!