PDA

View Full Version : Target practice for new guys.... Golfballs....

rocksteady
09-05-2012, 05:15 PM
My father in law and I used to play handgun golf (I had my .357 Magnum and h hasd his .44)... Toss a ball out on the range and take turns shooting at it, at various ranges angles etc depending where it bounced...

If you have a newbie hunter, you can also play the same game with .22s.. Same skillsets as for hunting, sight picture, trigger control, etc, plus they can skip a long way when hit dead on with the double douce.....

Golf balls are cheap and tossing out a handful of the multi colored ones can be a pleasant way to spend an afternoon with a brick of .22 and a couple guys.....More exciting than shooting paper....

Have never had the mishap of a ricochet or rebound, as I think the ball absorbs most of the energy, as compared to shooting steell plates....

Just a thought....

Spy
09-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Most ranges won't let you shoot at anything on the ground,because of ricochet's ! Sounds like good fun though !

itsy bitsy xj
12-28-2012, 04:01 PM
I have done something similar for my daughter. I bought a cheap case of no name pop and we went out to the bush with the 22 and her 410. you shake the cans up and then put them out 25-60 yards. you sure know when you hit one. ust got to make sure to clean up the mess after.

We used to do this as kids with our pellet guns