PDA

View Full Version : 3-29(B) Information / Suggestions If You're Of a Mind...

IronNoggin
09-04-2012, 03:12 PM
Figured since quite a few other Folks were askin'....

I do have a Good Buddy who lives in Kamloops, and has a fair amount of "local intel" to share, but thought what the hell, it can't hurt to ask...

Due to geographic and career differences, my Brother and I haven't had the opportunity to hunt together in over 20 years. Used to be we were inseparable right through the hunting season, and I have sincerely missed his presence alongside me over the years. This year he actually has some time, and is a Resident in my Province of Choice. So, when he asked about the possibility of an LEH, I suggested we look at moose in the Kamloops area. The Buddy mentioned above spent considerable time hunting with us back in the day, so if we were successful, it would be much like a reunion of sorts...
I told him not to expect much, as I haven't drawn a tag here in over 15 years... Got another Buddy from The Rock to toss his name in (first time moose hunter), and let the LEH Applications Fly...

I was downright SHOCKED when the notification came in we were Successful! Could have literally knocked me over with a feather!!
The whole month of November! Two moose for three aspiring Elmer Fudds! SWEET!
So, the long distance lines have been burning, and we are doing our Due Diligence on the area. Coming along nicely...

That said, if anyone can offer a few pointers, areas to camp and / or wander around seeking a Slobbernose or two, we'd certainly APPRECIATE it!! :mrgreen:

Also drew a muley in 3-20 - that situation will be handled by the bow methinks. Perhaps the moose too if the Hunt Goddess so approves...

Likely stick around for Big Kitties following the first two, as that is one of my local Buddy's specialties.

Been quite a spell since I wandered around the mainland in BC for a hunt. Usually Alberta and the Island keep me more than occupied.
Certainly will be nice to connect with my Bro again after all these years, even sweeter if we manage to be successful!

Of course as usual, any that are seeking information about hunting Island Blacktails in this area (Port Alberni) feel free to ask, and I'll do what I can to point you in the right direction...

Here's hoping...

TIA!
Nog

Grousedaddy
09-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Lucky guy i put in for that leh yearly and hope to get it as for help you prob wont need much its a great area for moose

Liptugger
09-04-2012, 05:06 PM
Hey, whadda mean Elmer Fudd???

IronNoggin
09-04-2012, 07:40 PM
Introducing:

(first time moose hunter) :-P

LOL! And BTW... I did say "three aspiring Elmer Fudds!" :twisted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yxiv3CBMS4M

Cheers,
Nog

Darksith
09-04-2012, 08:27 PM
PM sent...

4 point
09-04-2012, 09:09 PM
Their there...enough said. Weather conditions will play a big part for access and location of said moose.

IronNoggin
09-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Many THANKS to those that PM'd! Truly Appreciate the local knowledge, that is pretty much Priceless in anyone's books!!

From what those generous Folks who took a little time out of their day to help our "Mission" have said, as well as our Man On The Ground, it appears we have some reason for optimism!! :mrgreen:

It's been quite a few years since I hunted moose, although that was very much a focus for me in years past. I am right looking forward to this Adventure, both for the hunting, but as much or more for getting together with Old and New Friends / Family!

While I ain't by far the best Blacktail Hunter on The Rock, I do know of a few spots that usually produce. As my way of "pay-back" any that are seeking advice in that regard, please feel free to ask!

Another Funny from Elmer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKPOhFZuFQg

Cheers,
Nog

BigfishCanada
09-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Noggs, I have always if I can help I will. Saw over 15 moose there this last weekend (2 immys) I have soup tag, so other than the Immys I wont be focusing on moose.

Lets chat VIA Pm or email

kennyj
09-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Good luck on your hunt Nog. I'm already looking forward to hearing about it.
kenny

IronNoggin
09-05-2012, 11:48 AM
... Lets chat VIA Pm or email

AWESOME!! PM sent!! :mrgreen:

Good luck on your hunt Nog. I'm already looking forward to hearing about it.

Thanks Kenny! Regardless of just how it turns out, methinks the "tale" will be EPIC!! :lol:

THANKS Fellas!
Nog

IronNoggin
09-08-2012, 10:23 AM
We've received some Damn Fine Advise from a handful of Members who obviously are well acquainted with the area in question.
Wanted to express our Sincere Gratitude to those that chose to do so!
Just one of the MANY Reasons that makes this Site so Worthwhile!!

THANKS Gentz!! Appreciated!! :D

Cheers,
Nog