PDA

View Full Version : first c/b trophy :)

nuadixion
09-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Finally, after good few years of practicing with a C/B I managed to get out and try it. Totally different way of "battle". With a rifle I see a buck, I aim and shoot...done deal. With cb you see something then the game begins. :) After stoking/seeing few does, fawns and one spiker that i did not manage to get close to, i see this two point coming in....adrenaline kicks in...i freze...he does not see me.....he is coming closer...turns sideways......trots along a fallen tree....cant see him behind it.....I take a chance and move fast to him.....no further than 8 yards....i see him sideways already passing me ....i aim and let it fly.....loud bang follows....i hit him....he jumps as if a bee sting him and runs.....I try to follow/keep visual contact....he goes 20 yards and stops....i stop to....watch him stand for 20 sec and fall on the side.....i sit down and let him depart in peace.....
I must say i like bow hunting.

rocksteady
09-04-2012, 10:32 AM
Congrats... as much as people on this site and others, like to debate the crossbow versus vertical bow thing, it is still a challenge and very rewarding when you stick a bolt in something...

Any pics ???

nuadixion
09-04-2012, 10:41 AM
pix
http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/lysy2000/?action=view&current=a2f6ba20.jpg

rocksteady
09-04-2012, 10:50 AM
Beautiful... Thanks for sharing.....

And being a crossbow hunter and DARN proud of it :)

buck nash
09-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Yep congrats!

And I have to agree with rocksteady, don't let anyone deminish your accomplishment because it was with a xbow. The bow purists will say that anyone can shoot a xbow without much practice, but if you hunt then you know that's not the hard part. Getting close enough for a shot is the challenging part of bow hunting. The very first time I picked up a bow with sights I was on target with my first shot, so I don't see much difference between the two.

Sounds like you got a good shot off after a nice stalk, no easy thing. Let's see some pics though or it didn't happen lol.

edit: nice buck and a decent size for a 2 point.

rocksteady
09-04-2012, 11:06 AM
http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o505/lysy2000/a2f6ba20.jpg

IronNoggin
09-04-2012, 01:06 PM
SWEET! :mrgreen:

What model of Excalibur is that?

Congrats on your First of Many!!

Hope to post one or two with my Exomax soon...

Cheers,
Nog

coach
09-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Great bow buck! Congratulations.

moose2
09-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Nice C/B deer congratulations. Great looking picture as well.
Mike

nuadixion
09-04-2012, 05:28 PM
It is Exomax.....the bolt went through two ribs, cut lungs, two ribs, shoulder blade and out.....I never found it...I was surprised how much "blood shot" was there on the rib cage....I was amazed how much power it has got.

SWEET! :mrgreen:

What model of Excalibur is that?

Congrats on your First of Many!!

Hope to post one or two with my Exomax soon...

Cheers,
Nog

bochunk2000
09-05-2012, 01:01 AM
Great Deer, the archery bug has bitten you. You will never be the same, Welcome.
Steve

IronNoggin
09-05-2012, 12:27 PM
It is Exomax.....the bolt went through two ribs, cut lungs, two ribs, shoulder blade and out.....I never found it...I was surprised how much "blood shot" was there on the rib cage....I was amazed how much power it has got.

Excellent! Those Exomax Bows certainly do have POWER as well as Incredible Accuracy! When shooting at targets, I find when equipped with broadheads, they have a tendency to shoot right through at closer ranges! Great to hear of their performance on real life game!!

Congrats again, and thanks for Sharing!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

BiG Boar
09-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Do you have something wrong with you physically? Just curious as to why you chose a x bow over a real bow.

Nice work on getting a nice buck down. Congrats. Hopefully there will be more to come.

rocksteady
09-05-2012, 12:59 PM
Do you have something wrong with you physically? Just curious as to why you chose a x bow over a real bow.

Really Big Boar???? WTF?

one-shot-wonder
09-05-2012, 01:04 PM

Nice work on getting a nice buck down. Congrats. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Another hunter shooting himself in the foot and a fellow hunter shot in the back.........things gotta change or we are all gonna go the way of the doddo bird (or steelhead ;) ).

nuadixion
09-05-2012, 06:30 PM
If you have seen the picture then you can see my physical condition. Maybe you should check your own health; especially the mental one.

BiG Boar
09-05-2012, 08:16 PM
No I couldn't see anything that looked physically ailing in the picture. You seem to look fine. Thats why I was asking.

BiG Boar
09-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Btw I'm just yanking your crank.

A little tease from one bow hunter to another.

Gotta expect it a bit....

I love all types of hunting. Nice buck again. Always a rush getting that close.

ratherbefishin
09-05-2012, 08:43 PM
is that pretty typical- run about 20 yards, stop and go down?I have an Excaliber CB but haven't had the confidence to actually try it on a deer.

nuadixion
09-05-2012, 09:55 PM
I do not know if it is typical....he had no idea what hit him....got scared....run a bit....lungs were blown..... the end.
Now I am much more confident in the CB thats for sure.

is that pretty typical- run about 20 yards, stop and go down?I have an Excaliber CB but haven't had the confidence to actually try it on a deer.

matt420
09-05-2012, 10:15 PM
nice one congrats on your c/b buck