PDA

View Full Version : Garbage in the Backcountry!!

hitch
09-03-2012, 08:03 PM
Just came home from a successful sheep hunt and had to post about the garbage left out there by other sheep hunter's. We found many pieces of garbage along the trails. These items included....... costco granlola bars wrappers, costco baby wipe packages, mountain house packages, camera case, mars bar wrappers, crystal light package. It's pretty disappointing to find all this stuff just thrown on the ground out in the middle of the pristine wilderness. I would think most if not all sheep hunter's would have some respect for the area's they are in and how special they are. The garbage was from this year for sure and I can say from my own guiding experiance that it was not from the outfitter or from his clients. This was resident backpackers garbage and is friggin brutal! To all those HBC members out there reading this thread.....please remember to always deal with your own garbage! Do Not leave it out there!:mad:

curt
09-03-2012, 08:36 PM
its amazing how some people think isnt it....its really this simple now read slow so i dont lose you...... if you pack it in................pack it out!!!! wow

proguide66
09-03-2012, 08:43 PM
it was even up the damned slopes as well along the river trails.Someone made a kill and left their bloody tissues on the slope as well mtn house packages...loosers.....found an SD card as well , sadly no pics on it.

ianwuzhere
09-03-2012, 08:45 PM
ya its a shame to see that stuff all over in remote areas with lush vegetation etc...
we all know about pack it in-pack it out, Whats your guys thoughts on burying garbage while your "out there"??

Cordillera
09-03-2012, 08:59 PM
we have been on a few fly in hunts in the Cassiar where guys had built shelters of wood (2x2) and plastic and left it, along with old tarps, cots, etc. We have spent hours burning it and packing up extra garbage to take out. Personally I think burning is best option but burying it is fine too; leaving it behind is not. If your floatplane is too full to pack it out then dispose of it properly before you fly our. Leave behind some useful stuff, like tables, maybe a good shovel etc but not junk!!

ufishifish2
09-03-2012, 11:23 PM
Well, on the bright side I just came back from a two week sheep hunting trip just past Stone Mtn Park.
I didn't see one bit of garbage while hiking but maybe it's because we were in the wrong spot! No legal rams observed. :)
Hope is out there!

Black Lab
09-04-2012, 02:03 AM
I could never figure out why people, that go out in the backcountry or even fishing a local river have to be such Slob's You would think they enjoy the outdoors and would want to keep it clean. In the past I thought it was "City People" but now I think it's general lack of respect for everything that seems to be growing in the general public. Sad :(

BCRiverBoater
09-04-2012, 05:24 AM
Never did understand the concept of packing in the heavy full items just to leave the light empty items behind. If you can pack in the weight to begin with then pack the bloody garbage back out!!!

BigfishCanada
09-04-2012, 09:00 AM
My pajero(hunting rig) is full of empty beer cans from this weekend and I didnt drink one of them. Picked them up all over the back roads, a few McD cups, some timmys. nice work!

Jetboat
09-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Last spring I picked 7 garbage bags full of cans, bottles, plastic, etc. off a 9 km lease road leading into one of the compressor stations I operate. Moose has been open for 2 weeks and already empty cans and plastic water bottles are starting to appear in my ditches again. Those ditches are grazing areas for bear, deer, chickens and rabbits, you idiots! How would you like it if I dumped my garbage in your kitchen, huh? Fricken slobs, grrrr...

pappy
09-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Two days ago I went out to shoot some clays and picked up about 80 spent shotgun shells before I started shooting. It sure makes a nice place look like shit.