PDA

View Full Version : Tachick Lake Resort

NorthIslander
09-03-2012, 02:54 PM
I have done all my hunting on the island,and have decided to venture onto the mainland,I am the only one in my family that hunts so am taking a friend along,he also is only an island hunter.
We have decided to head up and try and Catch a moose as the grandson would say!
Heading to the Tachick Lake Resort just south of Vanderhoof from Sept 28 to Oct 6.
Have the Atv, power saw winchand all the other goodies like Gps and map book.
Just trying to find if there are any coolers around Vanderhoof or the P George area.I have the names of meat cutters in the area.
Going to hunt area 7-12 and possibly 7-11.I could use any tips or tricks on getting an animal hanging in the tree to skin it or do it on the ground if we have to.
Have a couple small blocks and some good rope also.
Thanks for any tips.
PM me if you like

Northislander

Bowzone_Mikey
09-03-2012, 03:49 PM
everything you need will be at Tachick ... If they are anything like the Finger lake or the Tatic resorts ... I personally have never been there .... Chilako meats on the mud river hill will treat you right if you bag a moose.

Skinning on the ground is a cats ass ... google or even search here ..."gutless field dressing" ... but there are meat poles all over that neck of the woods .... winch and snatch block works great too if you can find a stiff enough branch

StoneChaser
09-03-2012, 05:58 PM
The country here has been logged over pretty hard, and a lot of what wasn't cut was burned....moose numbers are down significantly and wolf numbers are up.

Having said that, you'll enjoy the trip and there are some moose to be had still no doubt...do you have an LEH?

Tachick Lake Resort is nice, but will be a ways from some of the better hunting if you want to hunt 7-11.

Best advice you will ever receive is this:

Whatever you do, DO NOT take your moose (or any critter for that matter) to Bruce at Home Meat Services on South Chilco road north of Vanderhoof....I'd let one rot off the hooks before I let him touch another critter (he is the reason I began cutting all my own meat).

Chilako does decent work.

Good Luck, I've been here for 34 years, so if you need any further info send me a PM, I'd be glad to assist (don't expect too many X's on a map though:redface:).

NorthIslander
09-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks Mikey it definitely will be an eye opener,I can`t wait.
Northislander