PDA

View Full Version : Meziadin Mountain Help (6-16a)

NoLimit99
09-03-2012, 02:02 PM
I have a Grizzly bear draw for 6-16a and was wondering if I should also buy a tag for a goat? we are thinking of heading to bowser lake for the grizz and goat hunting trip, is that a good idea?

Was wondering if any one on this site is from that area or knows some one from that area that could give me a little info or advice about that region and it's climate and what I should prepair my self for as I dont know what Im getting my self into...lol

We are bringing quads and a aluminum 12' boat with motor not sure if that will help or not but can't see how it would hurt.

Any help would be nice.

25tikka
09-03-2012, 05:03 PM
Bowser can be tough access as the bridges were out last time I was up there...about a year back. A goat tag would be a good idea if they are open as there is lots around there. Once on the lake it shouldn't be too hard to find what you are looking for. Currently the high temps are mid to high teens with lows near freezing. That can change fast though. Snow can happen there any time now. Good Luck

NoLimit99
09-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the info, any one else know of the area and can give some input?

Blacktail 270
09-08-2012, 08:48 AM
The drive to Stewart through the Bear pass is loaded with goats. Pretty easy access from the highway but these are very steep mountains. I drove through in May and counted thirty plus goats just driving. They might have moved off some to their summer cliffs but they shouldn't be to far. The drive from Meziadin junction to the end of Bear pass is about 25 mins. You will cover a lot of ground to view in that 25 mins. Have fun. That is beautiful country and good people in Stewart.

Boner
09-08-2012, 09:08 AM
Don't forget to get Hyderized.

NoLimit99
09-08-2012, 09:50 AM
Ok while im in that area i'll take a peek in that area and hope for the best for goat. Thanks for that pointer

NoLimit99
09-08-2012, 10:04 AM
I took what you said in a diffrent context lol I thought you meant hutterite, until I read it a few times and realized its some thing diffrent, then I youtubed it and had a giggle.

You started my morning off with a laugh. Thanks for that.

Don't forget to get Hyderized.

BCbillies
09-08-2012, 09:19 PM
If I was hunting Bowser I wouldn't go too late as the numbers of bears and fish will diminish as October nears.

Boner
09-09-2012, 06:26 AM
I took what you said in a diffrent context lol I thought you meant hutterite, until I read it a few times and realized its some thing diffrent, then I youtubed it and had a giggle.

You started my morning off with a laugh. Thanks for that.

No worries, I mumble when I talk too. I dragged my wife into that place and made her get it too. She wasn't too happy about it.

As to your thread, I worked there in the summer of 2001 and what sticks in my head was the fishing at the junction of the Mezziadin and the Nass Rivers. Might consider bringing a rod. It's 5 minutes off of the highway, close to Mezziadin Junction. Nice place to fish.

NoLimit99
09-10-2012, 07:33 PM
unfortunately I have no choice it's when my draw date is for and I can't leave until that time as well due to other circumstances.
Other wise for sure I would be leaving sooner.

If I was hunting Bowser I wouldn't go too late as the numbers of bears and fish will diminish as October nears.