PDA

View Full Version : Beer and hunting

Chenny
11-20-2006, 01:56 PM
personally i dont choose to drink beer while hunting,
but i was curious as to see who choose to drink beer and go hunting.

MB_Boy
11-20-2006, 02:00 PM
Absolutely not!!!! The "pops" or any other liquor do NOT come out until hunting is done and guns are put away.

Seems like a bit of a strange question that could get out of hand pretty quickly??:rolleyes:

Chenny.....not to say I waited until I was of legal age before I had a beer, but seeing as you are 16 this is a bit of a strange topic??

todbartell
11-20-2006, 02:01 PM
I believe it is unlawful to be under the influence of alcohol while hunting, not to mention it is pretty stupid

Murder
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Big NO NO. Illegal for starters, and stupid to be under the influence with loaded firearms, especially in a group.

Elkhound
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
Like most on this site as we have discussed this before. Booze comes out at camp when we are done for the day, and rifles are put aside

Murder
11-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I sure do like to tie one on while skinning, and to celebrate after though.

stanway
11-20-2006, 02:07 PM
Absolutely no alcohol before or during a hunt. Back at camp and with dinner, yes. But never while hunting.

Krico
11-20-2006, 02:09 PM
No, because first of all it's illegal, and more importantly it's stupid and potentially very dangerous.

Silent Wolf
11-20-2006, 02:12 PM
OMG what a weird question,

1) to be driving a truck while drinking a BIG NO NO

2) to have a gun with you while drinking a BIG NO NO

3) YOU JUST NEVRE KNOW WHERE A CO OR RCMP WILL BE HINDING.

For a 16 year old to be asking this???? OMG

If someone in my group pulls out a beer or mickey that is the last time I hunt with that person.

Back at the Cabin different story, come home rifles put away fire gets started, beer comes out and someone is starting dinner... At our Cabin no one get silly with the Booze as we are there for one thing HUNTING.....

SW

4pointhunter
11-20-2006, 02:13 PM
i usually don't drink and hunt, but the odd time i will sip on an beer wile roadhunting, i don't see any harm in that

Marc
11-20-2006, 02:16 PM
I know peopel are doing it because I picked up a dozen or so cans last week while out hunting that were just left on the spurs. Nothing pisses me me off more then someone who can't take out their empties after bringing them in full. How hard can it be? A couple of beer or drink in camp in the evening is fine but I wont tolerate anyone drinking (or weed) and hunting in any of my hunting groups.

Marc.

Schmaus
11-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Giiittttter dooonne

Fisher-Dude
11-20-2006, 02:36 PM
i usually don't drink and hunt, but the odd time i will sip on an beer wile roadhunting, i don't see any harm in that

Oh boy. Do you realize that "impaired driving" charges can be laid for consuming one beer? The .08 limit is for "driving with a blood alcohol limit over .08" while impaired charges can be for ANY level of alcohol or drugs. Driving around with firearms and a beer in your hand is screaming for a conviction. Make no mistake, a CO can and will charge you for either of these offences. About the time you are "sipping" on your 3rd beer, I'd rather not have you skidding down a forest service road towards me or my family.

Does anyone know what this does to the already tainted image of hunters in the public eye? I'm continually amazed at the number of people on this board who proclaim their love for hunting, but then do silly things to put another nail in the coffin of our sport. There was a thread a while back that spoke about "self-control"...very sage advice.

Our COs are also partnering with the RCMP for their road checks. I hope to see them on an FSR near you soon.

Marc
11-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Marc, forgot NO DOPE IN MY CAMP AS ANTY DOPE PERSON HERE:lol:

God not sure how I know this:wink:

SW

I'm in the military and it's my duty, that's right my duty, to turn anyone in that I know is doing or in possesion of drugs. No if's, and, or but's.

I wont tolerate any drugs in camp unless it's prescribed and the it belongs to the person using it not abusing it.

Marc.

bigwhiteys
11-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Drinking & Hunting shouldn't even be in the same sentence.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

LEH
11-20-2006, 02:53 PM
It's a no brainer, alcohol and guns don't mix.

4pointhunter
11-20-2006, 02:55 PM
fisher dude sipping on a beer is not going to have me slideing down a road towards you, i have come out a fsr to a roadblock co's and rcmp with guns and beer (6pak with 2 missing) in my truck, i was visiting a friend who whe camping on the mountain and did drink the 2 beer that day, all they did is make me put it in the box of my truck, i have a 15month old daughter at home i am not going to do anything stupid to endanger myself or anyone else in the bush.

Silent Wolf
11-20-2006, 02:58 PM
Well Seaman Marc:biggrin:

Good to hear, as I hate Dope also there is no place in the world for that shit:mad:

Hell I hate the smell of it, some days that is all I smell at work:frown: :frown:

SW

Fisher-Dude
11-20-2006, 02:59 PM
fisher dude sipping on a beer is not going to have me slideing down a road towards you.

Famous last words.

Schmaus
11-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Elkaholic

http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/4.gif http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Fisher-Dude
11-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Elkaholic
http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/4.gif http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Yup. Get high on elk, the best "drug" out there! :biggrin:

Symptoms/side effects include:

1.) sleeplessness during the fall months
2.) wanton spending of money and use of credit on hunting related items
3.) loud wailing (aka bugling) during the pre-rut months, described as "practice" by the elkaholic
4.) middle aged men so delusional they think can climb mountains like they were 18 again
5.) men smelling of elk urine
6.) relationships being strained due to the elkaholic's insistence on 2 weeks of holidays during September, Mexico be damned!
7.) bloodshot eyes and blurred vision from hours of peering through binoculars and spotting scopes
8.) the elkaholic's constant lying about his success with elk
9.) light-headedness from high altitudes
10.) hemorroids from sitting on wet ground waiting for elk to appear

If you have any of these symptoms, you may be an elkaholic. There is no known cure. :lol:

abbyfireguy
11-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Open alcohol in your possesion while driving can have charges laid...You're playing with fire my friend....
Only had two accidents in all my years driving,both hit at red lights by drunks....The next one will probably see me go to jail though as I will probably beat the living poop out of the moron(well maybe not I hope:-( )..
I have no tolerance for alcohol and driving . When I attend accidents scenes at the work(Van. Fire Dept.) and smell booze,the cops are notified regardless of their excuses...
I want myself and family to survive to old age, which is getting tougher and tougher these days.....
Very sorry for the rant,but I have zero tolerance on this subject period....
If it rubs you the wrong way, oh well, guess you'll just have to get used to it....:wink:

Gun Dog
11-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Personally I don't have a problem with someone having a beer. Ten beer would be a problem but I don't hunt with people like that.

In 30 years of driving I've been hit 4 times -- all by sober people. You just can't trust 'em.

FlyingHigh
11-20-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't drink, I've seen what beer does to people and I hate it. So long as anyone is hunting with me, there will be no beer around anywhere. If any of my friends start drinking, whether we're in the bush or at a party, i'm taking them home or straight back to camp. Even after 1 beer. Even if it means roping them up like a steer. I refuse to let my friends drive with alcohol in their system let alone carry a firearm. Alcohol affects different people different ways. You never can tell. I don't want to see anyone get hurt.

Don't even get me started on drugs...

The Hermit
11-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Absolutely no alcohol before or during a hunt. Back at camp and with dinner, yes. But never while hunting or when driving.

I can't believe that 5 guys out of 35 responded to this poll actually admit to it! <shakes head and rolls eyes>

I was on a long anticipated moose hunt with an old hunting partner and a couple of his friends that I'd never met before. The first morning all of them put a shot of Baileys in their coffee with breakfast and took a thermos full with them in the truck.

I got a lift out to a likely looking spur road and got them to let me out. I told them that I'd be hunting this area all day and that I'd catch them later. They were suprised that I wasn't going to do the planned hunt and asked why... then they were pissed off that "I" was being an asshole!! It spoiled the trip for me, but better pissed off and safe then pissed and dead! Oh yeah and then they got into a big hassle with one another about sharing the meat! LOL

Silent Wolf
11-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Firebird,

What not hitting the Crack Pipe? Hit some Mushrooms? Sniff some coke.

Why not stick a needle in your butt 2months before the hunt of Roids then you would be in shape, then you wouldnt need to hit the meth pipe!!!!!

Doe See Doe
11-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Me and my husband have a pact: No beer until there's blood on your hands.
That means even when we get back to camp.
Even if it takes days.....:cry:
Makes you work that little bit harder to get your animal!
And you really appreciate that drink when you can have it :smile:

BigD
11-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Maybe the results of the poll just mean we are all old,…or older and wiser now. I think a better question would have been did you do it when you were young and haywire. Come on,, you guys that were early twenties in the seventies, how many beer and whiskey bottles did you leave on the side of the road, and not just the bush roads, the highways. Well, if it was anything like my old man and his friends it was lots. So maybe instead of such a righteous trip on the young fella who asked the question maybe it would be just better to say, well, its not really that smart and one day you will learn that and hopefully not the hard way!

Gateholio
11-20-2006, 04:45 PM
I think it's because ushrooms take too long to kick in ,and the coke is too much $$

:)

lip_ripper00
11-20-2006, 05:00 PM
So which pub were we all going to meet at this winter for a meet and great Jolly Miller? So some are going to drive 100k meet in a pub?

browningboy
11-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I know that the beers are a total no no, but it seems funny that pretty much every hunt and the mojority of hunters will have or had some type of alcohol, not to stir the pot here but it seems like everyone here acts like a nun! Before the pms come, I'm just saying what I see.

kishman
11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Don't mind a beer after the hunt in the evening, but only a couple. It's too hard for me to get up at 4:30 am after a bunch of booze.

4pointhunter
11-20-2006, 06:07 PM
i agree with browning boy, sound like an episode of 7th heaven

Silent Wolf
11-20-2006, 06:21 PM
We drink most of us aren't pissed at that part it is road hunting and having a brew in the cab, instead of a hot cup of TH's:smile:

Hell man I am far from a Nun trust me on that one, I am more the Devil:twisted:

SW

3kills
11-20-2006, 06:30 PM
i only drink about a half sack or so...NOT but seriously 13 people said yes!!!....no drinkin beer till we got the deer....

Gateholio
11-20-2006, 06:40 PM
I htink that there are several differnet views about alcohol use.

Some will not drink anything, and will not hunt with others that do.

Many will have a beer or 3 (or 10) at the end of the day, but not before.

Likely the guys that clicked the YES option, are not stumbling around snapnose drunk at 10AM. More likely they are the type that might have a beer at lunch, or maybe have a cold one after they get in the truck and drive back to camp at the end of the day.

There are also some guys that have a beer to celebrate getting an animal, and then get to work on it.

I don' t think there is anything really wrong with any of the options. Sure, having open liquor in a vehicle is contary to the law, and it will get you a $100-$200 fine. So will speeding. Anybody here never, ever speed?:lol:

I doubt anyone is suggesting that tthey think it is a good idea to down half a bottle of rum and a few beers and then go out hunting or get behind the wheel of a truck.

If anyone here *is* suggesting it is okay to get impaired and drive or hunt, please post here, so we will know for sure.:lol: 8-)

livingston
11-20-2006, 07:03 PM
I dont drink and hunt or drink and drive but will have a few when back in camp.

A couple of weekends ago out hunting with site member bigwhiteys we stopped to talk to a couple older guys in there 60's and they were hunting.They had an open bottle of rum in the cab and the guy was definenately buzzed pretty good.Its not all young guys

I have had a few out salmon fishing on the chuck though

4pointhunter
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM
exactly gatehouse, 9 times out of 10 no beer, but i see no problem with haveing the odd one.
ps i like the example of speeding, also do you wear a seatbelt hunting? i have had a seatbelt fine on the back roads!!

fozzy
11-20-2006, 07:11 PM
NO way! It's illegal to drink and drive why should it be any different to carry a loaded gun and drink. After I get back to camp sure I like a couple or 4 or 5 before I hit the sack. Guys that drink while hunting don't take the sport very seriously IMO.

4pointhunter
11-20-2006, 07:16 PM
its a sport, sports are supposed to be fun not serious they teach you that in elementry school.

boonerbuck
11-20-2006, 07:25 PM
exactly gatehouse, 9 times out of 10 no beer, but i see no problem with haveing the odd one.
ps i like the example of speeding, also do you wear a seatbelt hunting? i have had a seatbelt fine on the back roads!!

Open canister in vehicle...ticket.

Speeding...ticket.

Seat belt...ticket

Handling firearm while drinking...criminal charges.

Sorry, not a good comparison at all guys.:lol:

bigwhiteys
11-20-2006, 07:35 PM
I dont drink and hunt or drink and drive but will have a few when back in camp.

A couple of weekends ago out hunting with site member bigwhiteys we stopped to talk to a couple older guys in there 60's and they were hunting.They had an open bottle of rum in the cab and the guy was definenately buzzed pretty good.Its not all young guys

I have had a few out salmon fishing on the chuck though

I forgot all about that... Those two old boys were both pretty buzzed by the looks of them. And the bottle of rum was open on the center console of their truck.

When we told him we had not seen much for deer the old boy told us "You guys part-time hunters - They full time deer" I laughed at that and think it's an awesome quote.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

frenchbar
11-20-2006, 07:41 PM
No beers for me till im back to camp,then the partys on.

Gateholio
11-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Open canister in vehicle...ticket.

Speeding...ticket.

Seat belt...ticket

Sorry, not a good comparison at all guys.:lol:

Not exactly sure what you mean here, but maybe this will help:

Driving while impaired is a criminal offence. Driving after consuming alcohol is not an offence unless you are impaired.

Shooting or hunting while impaired *may* be a criminal offence. Or it may be a ticketable offence- not sure on that.

Touching a firearm after a beer at lunch, or cleaning your rifle while having a whiskey at the end of the day isn't.

Can you find the actual laws (if they exist) that deals with handling a firearm while impaired? It may be useful to the discussion.

boonerbuck
11-20-2006, 08:00 PM
I didnt mention anything about driving impared. It goes without saying.

The post was talking about actually drinking while hunting with a firearm.

Hope that helps Gates.;)

Let us know how that regulation search works out.:lol:

Gateholio
11-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I didnt mention anything about driving impared. It goes without saying.

The post was talking about actually drinking while hunting with a firearm.

Hope that helps Gates.;)

Let us know how that regulation search works out.:lol:

If you are not actually impaired, is it actually illegal to hunt while drinking a beer, or after having a beer with lunch etc? If so, what is the sentence?

If you *are* actually impaired, what is the law regardinng handling firearms. What is the sentence?

I think I have seen mention of it in the regulations, but I'm not sure. Or is this another one of those "It's illegal because I say it is illegal" posts?

Since you brought it up, you should be able to back up your statements withthe law, don't you think?8-)

Frango
11-20-2006, 08:18 PM
After reading many replys to this issue I beleave its all a matter of common sense.If you drink to much then you should not have a firearm.I have been up at 4.30 am walked for 10 k or hiked up or down a couple of clicks get back to the quad or truck at 10ish and have a beer. Where is the problem?One knows that your not going to be serious hunting until late afternoon anyway. I must be honest and answer the poll ? with a yes. I too have run into very drunk hunters .Thats there choice so try to avoid them.Its common sense not a dogmatic one side or the other. Perhaps common sense is not so common?

boonerbuck
11-20-2006, 09:30 PM
If you are not actually impaired, is it actually illegal to hunt while drinking a beer, or after having a beer with lunch etc? If so, what is the sentence?

If you *are* actually impaired, what is the law regardinng handling firearms. What is the sentence?

I think I have seen mention of it in the regulations, but I'm not sure. Or is this another one of those "It's illegal because I say it is illegal" posts?

Since you brought it up, you should be able to back up your statements withthe law, don't you think?8-)

Strange how you do that?:lol:

I never said anything about it being illegal to hunt while being impaired. As far as I know, there is no such law.

I just think you and 4pointer are wrong in comparing seat belt/speeding infractions with handling of firearms while drinking. Maybe you have to be impaired for it to be illegal in the criminal manner but my point is that one is a traffic law and one is criminal. That is the only thing I addressed. Nothing about driving drunk, hunting drunk, law books......:)

Gateholio
11-20-2006, 09:31 PM
Yup. common sense.

if you think your abilities will be impaired by the consumption of even small amounts of alcohol, then by all means DO NOT DRINK!

:lol:

bigwhiteys
11-20-2006, 09:34 PM
How can some of you guys even stomach a beer at 10am in the morning??? Good Grief. In all honesty I think beer has to be about one of the worst tasting beverages around.

I have no problem celebrating after you've got something on the ground but even then I don't drink very much if at all.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

jjensen20
11-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Everytime I have ever been stopped by a CO they have searched the vehicle for OPEN alcohol, I have never had any in the vehicle, but i asked him what the penalty was:

Its an automatic $250 fine, they then call the police and they have you breathalized if you fail you are charged with DUI and your firearms, hunting license and vehicle are seized until you have been through the courts, which he said could take up to a year.

Is it really worth it??????

Caveman
11-20-2006, 09:41 PM
This scares me a little.:-( 1 in 6 guys out there are sipping on a road pop with a loaded weapon. First, what does it say about hunters in general, Second, there is the obvious safety factor, a bunch of people with impaired judgement with a loaded weapon, notice I didn't call them hunters. We have a hard enough time defending ourselves as it is in this day and age. This is all we need is to give everyone another reason to condem what we love. :mad: For Christ Sakes Leave It For Camp When You Know Your Day Is Done, then by all means knock yourself out.

boonerbuck
11-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Is it really worth it??????

Not if yer drinkin Lucky!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

browningboy
11-20-2006, 09:47 PM
You guys on this site are a rare breed! I'm laughing because I've rarely came across hunters that are dead straight non-alchohol consuming, I've got no time for sh**heads that are gunned to the gills, but thats actually more rare than a non drinker! Everyone got there style, and yes you can get ticketed, but if you're in good comphrehension, there usally will not be a problem, speaking with experience from both sides from handing them out to almost recieving. Bottom line, if you want to do it, please take care and consideration of others.8)

brotherjack
11-20-2006, 09:55 PM
No booze in the field for me and mine. I'm no genius, but I know better than to mix booze and guns. :)

browningboy
11-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Need I say more.

Gateholio
11-20-2006, 10:10 PM
Strange how you do that?:lol:

I never said anything about it being illegal to hunt while being impaired. As far as I know, there is no such law.

I just think you and 4pointer are wrong in comparing seat belt/speeding infractions with handling of firearms while drinking. Maybe you have to be impaired for it to be illegal in the criminal manner but my point is that one is a traffic law and one is criminal. That is the only thing I addressed. Nothing about driving drunk, hunting drunk, law books......:)

So, when you said:

You actually meant "Handling a firearm while impaired..criminal charges"?

If so, fine.

I was not comparing speeding and seatbelt laws to hunting while impaired or driving while impaired, I was comparing drinking a beer in your truck after the hunt to speeding. This is what I said:

don' t think there is anything really wrong with any of the options. Sure, having open liquor in a vehicle is contary to the law, and it will get you a $100-$200 fine. So will speeding. Anybody here never, ever speed?

So, I htink that the comparison makes sense, since the penalties are similar. Everyone here speeds and doesn't think it's a big deal, but drive with a open beer and you are a demon, even though speeding takes more lives than a hunter having abeer in his way back to camp, driving slowly on a dirt road.8-)

Now..Is there an actual law under the Criminal Code of Canada that specifically prohibits handling a firearm while impaired?

****Please note I'm not ADVOCATING anyone drink at ANY time. When I hunt I never have beer until the night, since it makes me sleepy and makes we want not go hunt anymore. On longer mountain trips I usualy don't even drink anything at all. One of the places I work in is a pub, I can drink as much as I want for free, if I chose to. So I don't need to drink while hunting.*******8)

Ubertuber
11-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Having a beer during lunch is no big deal. If you're goal is to get pissed, well then, that's not ok.

Don't mind drinks, but I hate drunks.

boonerbuck
11-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Yawn.:lol:

I quoted 4point who commented on you who who keeps wandering from my point by addressing neither what I said nor meant.:rolleyes:

Goodnight Gatehouse.:wink:

TravisC
11-20-2006, 10:58 PM
This thread is quite funny cause although it is a serious issue i can't remember running into hunters allover BC that didn't have a beer in the truck. If not a beer it's the coffe and balieys hell a nice crown and ginger taste pretty good by 9am. Theres a line here and yes its illegal and dangerous and i'm not saying its right. I think the poll is not telling the whole story because it go's on and by more people that aren't willing to admit it.
Well said Browningboy.

Silent Wolf
11-20-2006, 11:16 PM
For me to get my hunting day starte off on the right foot. Since I don't drink (lucky me) I would rather fire up a nice big fat Cuban Cigar and have it with a coffee driving off to my honey hole:lol:

Oh and no cigar smoke doesnt scare the animals:lol: Unlike drunk hunters making noise on the roads8)

SW8)

Caveman
11-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Lets give this a little twist, How many of you have a little hoot while hunting ? Next, what does everyone think about that. Is there a difference? Why ? What's next, Mushrooms ?

Silent Wolf
11-20-2006, 11:23 PM
A 1oz shot is equall to a 6oz or 8oz beer.

So there is no different the booz should be left for dinner time or back at camp for the rest of the day.

todbartell
11-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Since I don't drink (lucky me) I would rather fire up a nice big fat Cuban Cigar and have it with a coffee driving off to my honey hole:lol:

funny lookin' double double :lol:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Rob_s_118.jpg

Caveman
11-20-2006, 11:45 PM
Looks like a " mocha latte' " in camo while hunting from the porch to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Wolf
Since I don't drink (lucky me) I would rather fire up a nice big fat Cuban Cigar and have it with a coffee driving off to my honey hole

That way he'll blend in with the beer sipping road hunters and won't be singled out as being different. :lol:

Gateholio
11-20-2006, 11:49 PM
Yawn.:lol:

I quoted 4point who commented on you who who keeps wandering from my point by addressing neither what I said nor meant.

Goodnight Gatehouse.:wink:

Sorry booner, I tried to adress your point in the last post, where i mentoned that I wans't actually making the comparison that you suggested. Since 4pointer was referencing m comments, and you said "guys" I assumed you were adressing both of us.

Anyway..You made a comment about having criminal charges laid if you are found to be handling firearms while drinking.

Can anyone find if this is actually a law in BC? I can't seem to find it anywhere...:confused: :confused:

Frango
11-20-2006, 11:51 PM
ok bigwhiteys !!!let me quess you don't drink coffee and if you do you have it with cream double sugar?? or your like 16

boonerbuck
11-21-2006, 12:04 AM
Can anyone find if this is actually a law in BC? I can't seem to find it anywhere...:confused: :confused:

I took a quick look too. To tell you the truth, I don't know where to look. Google leads you through way to much crap for me to invest anytime. Couldn't even find laws on bestiality. Google:rolleyes:

BlacktailStalker
11-21-2006, 12:22 AM
What's a law?
I like drinking hard after a good days hunt, usually not sleeping that night. The best thing for a hangover is to start drinking right away. Double rum and cokes usually do the trick with breakfast. By 10 am I'm to the point i'm running around the bush with my rifle on my shoulder simulating the video game Kontra from when I was a kid as if it were a torpedo, with the safety off in the event I only get a pop shot opportunity at an animal. In most cases I forget what I'm hunting and end up going home early because I used all my shells on ravens, the annoying squirrels chattering at me when I stop for a power up drink from one of my 2 flasks I keep in a convenient holster on each hip, and goverment signs :):)

Schmaus
11-21-2006, 05:32 AM
This scares me a little.:sad: 1 in 6 guys out there are sipping on a road pop with a loaded weapon

It scares me even more that only one in six guy's on the internet are actually honest. Right on to Firebird for coming clean on his "meth" habits, thats step one bud, admitting. Maybe we can get together a fund for him to go to rehab.

Walksalot
11-21-2006, 06:56 AM
No booze. My son and I invested in a hooka pipe. Nothing better than spending quality time with your son sitting on a ridge doing a bowl of home grown B.C. Bud and getting mellow.

11-21-2006, 08:26 AM
This scares me a little.:sad: 1 in 6 guys out there are sipping on a road pop with a loaded weapon
How did "sipping on a road pop" automatically get associated with a loaded firearm??:confused:

It scares me even more that only one in six guy's on the internet are actually honest.
X2!! But then again, this is the internet, take everything with a dose of reality:lol: .....

This thread is a shining example of why until our thinking changes, we as a group will never succeed as a unified voice in support of our pastime. Our diverse opinions make it hard to overcome personal ideology and present a common front to other interest groups who would like to see our heritage banned completely...

Gateholio
11-21-2006, 08:31 AM
What's a law?
I like drinking hard after a good days hunt, usually not sleeping that night. The best thing for a hangover is to start drinking right away. Double rum and cokes usually do the trick with breakfast. By 10 am I'm to the point i'm running around the bush with my rifle on my shoulder simulating the video game Kontra from when I was a kid as if it were a torpedo, with the safety off in the event I only get a pop shot opportunity at an animal. In most cases I forget what I'm hunting and end up going home early because I used all my shells on ravens, the annoying squirrels chattering at me when I stop for a power up drink from one of my 2 flasks I keep in a convenient holster on each hip, and goverment signs :):)

Attaboy:lol: 8-)

Gateholio
11-21-2006, 08:37 AM
Page 13 of the BC Hunting Regs (which is not law, BTW)

Notice to Hunters: Hunters who are found to be under the influence of alcohol while hunting or while in possesion of a firearm may be subject to a 24hr hunting prohibition.

So basically, the CO's can pull your licence for 24 hours. No criminal charges.
If you were doing something stupid wiht your firearm, I woudl imagine they woudl charge you wiht other offences.

There is a whole pile of charges regardig that, formm pointing a fireamr a aperson, to rekless use, etc. But those laws apply whether youhave beeen drinking or not.

Blacktailstalker - Look Out!:lol:

bigwhiteys
11-21-2006, 08:48 AM
ok bigwhiteys !!!let me quess you don't drink coffee and if you do you have it with cream double sugar?? or your like 16

Hey Frango,

Actually I don't drink Coffee. Maybe 3 or 4 cups a year seriously. And no I am not 16. I am 25. Coffee tastes like shit and gives me the shakes.

I played competitive Rugby for nearly 13 years. I think I consumed a lifetime worth of booze during that experience :)

I am not much of a drinker anymore. Sorry to dissapoint.

Happy Hunting!
Carl

brno375
11-21-2006, 09:19 AM
Couldn't even find laws on bestiality.

Oh oh, got in trouble again? Maybe just let your lawyer handle it this time. :lol:

Frango
11-21-2006, 09:45 AM
ok bigwhiteys, good hunting to you.

Mauser98
11-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Here what BC's Wildlife Act has to say about alcohol, firearms, etc, etc.

Surrender of firearms

88 (1) A conservation officer or constable may, if he or she has reasonable and probable grounds to believe that by reason of consumption of alcohol a person who is hunting or carrying a firearm is affected in his or her ability to hunt or handle a firearm safely and responsibly, request that person to surrender any firearms in his or her possession and his or her hunting licence.

(2) A conservation officer or constable may, if he or she has reasonable and probable grounds to believe that a person who is hunting or carrying a firearm is affected by a drug in his or her ability to hunt or handle a firearm safely and responsibly, request that person to surrender any firearms in his or her possession and his or her hunting licence.

(3) On a request being made under subsection (1),
(a) the hunting licence of the person is suspended and the person must not hunt or carry a firearm, and
(b) the person must immediately surrender to the conservation officer or constable all firearms in the person's possession and the person's hunting licence.

(4) A conservation officer or constable must return the firearms and the licence surrendered under subsection (3) to the person on
(a) the person promptly undergoing a test that indicates his or her blood contains less than 50 mg of alcohol to 100 ml of blood,
(b) the expiration of 24 hours after the surrender, or
(c) the production by the person to the conservation officer or constable of a certificate made by a medical practitioner after the suspension and certifying that the blood of the person contains less than 50 mg of alcohol to 100 ml of blood,
and the suspensions are terminated on the person satisfying the requirements of paragraph (a), (b) or (c).

(5) On a request being made under subsection (2), subsections (3) and (4) (b) apply.

(6) If a person to whom subsection (2) applies satisfies a conservation officer or constable having charge of the matter that his or her ability to hunt or handle a firearm safely and responsibly is not affected by a drug other than alcohol, the suspensions are terminated and the firearms and licence must be returned to the person.

(7) The hunting licence of a person who refuses to surrender his or her licence under this section is invalid for every purpose and is suspended until the expiration of the period of suspension that would otherwise have applied under subsections (4) and (5).

( 8 ) If a person who has been requested to surrender his or her licence under this section does not hold a hunting licence issued under this Act, the person is deemed to be a person whose licence is suspended until the occurrence of an event or the expiry of the time at which, had he or she been the holder of a licence, the conservation officer or constable would have been required to return the licence to him or her under subsection (4), (5) or (6).

Johnnybear
11-21-2006, 12:51 PM
No alchohol mixed with firearms or motorized vehicles period. Back at camp after the guns are in the cases and behind the seats go for it. I don't drink anymore but in no way am I a preacher of anti drinking (my choice, it's what works for me). I have never in my life had any alchohol while handling a firearm (to me this should be written in stone). If you see it and don't like it walk away.

Fisher-Dude
11-21-2006, 02:29 PM
If you have a charge under one of the subsections that Mauser found for us (thanks Mauser!), I would expect that your next PAL renewal will be a bugger to get done. They will have access to this charge on your record, and I would bet dollars to donuts that they will hold up your application, as is "their right", until they are satisfied you are a responsible firearms owner. They held up mine for 3 months simply because I had changed jobs in the last year after a layoff at my old job, so imagine what a hassle an alcohol/firearms conviction would bring! :eek:

Maybe it's best to avoid putting oneself in that predicament in the first place...

boonerbuck
11-21-2006, 02:30 PM
So basically, the CO's can pull your licence for 24 hours. No criminal charges.
If you were doing something stupid wiht your firearm, I woudl imagine they woudl charge you wiht other offences.

Not necessarily. If you hit a roadblock which typically have RCMP now, you can be charged criminally if you were intoxicated. It's no different than driving while impaired. Even though you would blow over, sometimes they just give you the 24H anyways. If it's obvious you are stinking drunk then you get charged probably. Same with firearms but it falls under this section like I suspected. (quoted from the RCMP reply this morning)

Otto

You might consult s 86(1) of the Criminal Code - Careless use of a firearm. "Every person commits an offence who, without lawful excuse, uses, carries, handles, ships, transports or stores a firearm, a prohibited weapon, a restricted weapon, a prohibited device or prohibited ammunition in a careless manner or without reasonable precautions for the safety of other persons."

No judge would interpret that as it being OK to use a firearm while intoxicated. It would be a hell of an uphill fight to beat it, and the slimmest of odds.

Now I know that is not a law mentioning alcohol directly but like many laws they cover what the courts can later decide as pertinent.

Most likely you would have to be clearly drunk or have some kind of priors to fall in the hands of the court but clearly you can be charged while using firearms while under the influence of alcohol.

I done what was asked of me so set me free.:twisted:

Mauser98
11-21-2006, 03:28 PM
If you have a charge under one of the subsections that Mauser found for us (thanks Mauser!), I would expect that your next PAL renewal will be a bugger to get done. They will have access to this charge on your record, and I would bet dollars to donuts that they will hold up your application, as is "their right", until they are satisfied you are a responsible firearms owner. They held up mine for 3 months simply because I had changed jobs in the last year after a layoff at my old job, so imagine what a hassle an alcohol/firearms conviction would bring! :eek:

Maybe it's best to avoid putting oneself in that predicament in the first place...

I should point out that there doesn't appear to be a 'charge' to be laid under the section of the Wildlife Act that I quoted. It simply says that they can 'request' that you give up you hunting licence and your forearm. If they make the request you 'must' give up your firearm but they 'must' return it after 24 hours.

There's even a proviso for those who won't give up their licence when requested.(it's automatically suspended for 24 hours).

All in all, it's a pretty gentle law.

Gateholio
11-21-2006, 03:31 PM
Mauser

thanks for that, it's always good to get the actual rules.

Boonerbuck,

That sorta confirmed what I menitoned in my last post. That there are reckless use of firearm laws, but none specificlaly relating to alcohol. So -much of it depends on how the officer interprets your actions.

How you are dealt with probably revolves around what you are actulaly doing at the time, and how much alcohol you have consumed.

Unlike driving, where there are very specific laws regarding blood alcohol levels and legal driving, where there is no room whatsoever for interpretation.

thanks

Gateholio
11-21-2006, 03:45 PM
I should point out that there doesn't appear to be a 'charge' to be laid under the section of the Wildlife Act that I quoted. It simply says that they can 'request' that you give up you hunting licence and your forearm. If they make the request you 'must' give up your firearm but they 'must' return it after 24 hours.

There's even a proviso for those who won't give up their licence when requested.(it's automatically suspended for 24 hours).

Yes, a bit gentle, but in many respects it's one of the best laws I've read. It's not open to any interpretation.

You must surrender your HL and your firearm, and if you disagree with it, you can immediatley challenge it via of a blood alchol test.

It is also a law that actually accomplishes something. The CO's want to get a drunk guy away from guns, but not penalize him to greatly, because he hasn't hurt anyone or acted too recklessly (pointing a gun etc)

Will
11-21-2006, 04:10 PM
personally i dont choose to drink beer while hunting,
but i was curious as to see who choose to drink beer and go hunting.
I love Beer...
I also Love Hunting !

But Never together :|

Unless I'm on a Kirby Endorsed Bear Hunting trip........
Then Everyone's Drunk ! :lol:
or so I've heard :rolleyes:

Fisher-Dude
11-21-2006, 04:34 PM

The COs have a new (few years old) database that holds info on you every time you fart in the woods. It's a tool they use to see who the chronic "troublemakers" are. It also records every tag you've held by tag number, whose license is/was suspended, all prior violations, all warnings, etc.

They used it here to catch a guy who was under suspension, but who was out hunting with a "valid" moose tag. When they traced the moose tag back to the vendor, they uncovered the "Rutland Sports" scam that some Okanagan guys may remember. Rutland Sports was recycling old tags and selling them...they were busted for fraud and firearms offences and the business was shut down. So, it's a powerful tool for enforcement, similar to the CSIS database that the RCMP use.

Silent Wolf
11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Firebird,

Yaya so you got a picture of me with my first drink of the year:eek:

I don't drink as it closes my Throat and I can't breath, plus my face goes beat red as you can see from the picture. Just the smell of Booze, and my throat is tighting up.

SW:lol: :eek:

Islandeer
11-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Tried the beer at lunch back at camp thing once... ended up nodding off during the afternoon hunt, and woke up to whitetails and antlers snickering away. So I now wait for the dinner hour for apres hunt cocktails.8-) :eek:

Tinney
11-21-2006, 08:11 PM
What I want to know, without reading the middle posts, is who the 29 morons are that said they DO drink beer while hunting. And also, where they like to hunt, probably from their trucks no doubt. I'd rather like to avoid those areas

Caveman
11-21-2006, 08:26 PM
Beer, Herb and who knows what else, a cop, an administrator with IP adresses......MMMMMMM

Anyone paranoid yet ? :twisted:

endtimerwithabow
11-21-2006, 08:32 PM
shouldn't we lead by example? or is it do as i say and not as i do?:frown:

WoodOx
11-21-2006, 08:34 PM
What's a law?

I cant read that paragraph enough...priceless!

Gateholio
11-21-2006, 08:53 PM
I think it may have been more productive to have a poll that sas "Who drinks ot the point of impairment when hunting"

Because it seems alot of people seem to think that the only definition of drinking is intoxication.
:eek:

Tinney
11-21-2006, 08:54 PM
NEWSFLASH CLARKE! When you drink, you ARE impaired

boonerbuck
11-21-2006, 09:06 PM
I think it may have been more productive to have a poll that sas "Who drinks ot the point of impairment when hunting"

:eek:

Agreed.

Obviously the poll is about impairment or why else would it get asked or be at issue?:-?

todbartell
11-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I dont think that one beer will impair a guy to the point of being dangerous, in my drunken opinion

Gateholio
11-21-2006, 09:21 PM
I dont think that one beer will impair a guy to the point of being dangerous, in my drunken opinion

Nor the opinion of the RCMP breath analyzer.:lol:

( from the experience of a friend of mine, who had a beer and was checked 20 minutes later and weighs about 150 lbs)

mrdoog
11-22-2006, 03:32 AM
Nor the opinion of the RCMP breath analyzer

-not quite true:-

-sec 253 of the Criminal Code is divided into 2 sections:
-one section deals with impairment
-the other deals with over the limit
the sample of your breath or blood only determines your BAC
Blood Alcohol Content
- yet in theory you can still be charged with the other section which deals with impairment, even though your BAC is under the limit
so you can be charged with impaired driving, even though your BAC is under
-over .08 is a seperate charge

Gun Dog
11-22-2006, 09:35 AM
NEWSFLASH CLARKE! When you drink, you ARE impairedThat's just MADD dogma. I can add the that list --
when you're tired you ARE impaired,
when you're sick you ARE impaired,
when you're upset you ARE impaired,
when you're old you ARE impaired,
when that chilli don't go down right you ARE impaired,
when your bladder is about to explode you ARE impaired.

"Impaired" is not that same as pregnant.

willyqbc
11-22-2006, 09:56 AM
long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away I was guilty of most of the stuff we've talked about here. Beer and dope were the norm for an afternoon hunt. Now that I'm older and wiser I wouldn't ever consider it....not the example I want to set for my kids.
That being said Gun dog is absolutely right, if you stay up late, lets say your working night shift and gets off at 12:30AM and you get home and to bed by 1:30 then get up at 5....... you will be much more "impaired" than if you had 1 beer. I took a drug and alcohol abuse course at work and the instructor emphatically stated that being tired, sick, distracted by other concerns, was a far greater risk than the fellow who had a beer with lunch before coming to work for night shift.
So my stance would be this.....if you are back in camp or go to town for lunch in the middle of the day and have a beer with your meal, I don't have a problem with that. Tooling around with an open beer in the vehicle is illegal as far as I know so I would say don't do it.

just my opinion
Chris

Franko Manini
11-22-2006, 10:41 AM
The COs have a new (few years old) database that holds info on you every time you fart in the woods. It's a tool they use to see who the chronic "troublemakers" are. It also records every tag you've held by tag number, whose license is/was suspended, all prior violations, all warnings, etc.

They used it here to catch a guy who was under suspension, but who was out hunting with a "valid" moose tag. When they traced the moose tag back to the vendor, they uncovered the "Rutland Sports" scam that some Okanagan guys may remember. Rutland Sports was recycling old tags and selling them...they were busted for fraud and firearms offences and the business was shut down. So, it's a powerful tool for enforcement, similar to the CSIS database that the RCMP use.

Want to know something funny? The application/database used by the COs for enforcement is called the Conservation Officers' Online Reporting System (COORS)!!! :lol:

No kidding. The company I work for designed and developed it a number of years ago for the Ministry of Environment.

Islandeer
11-22-2006, 10:43 AM
Just for the record, I don't touch the stuff while hunting nor do I agree with it. Be safe with the booze.

Browningmirage
11-22-2006, 12:03 PM
Concurred, working with dangerous tools, you have to minimize risks that you take to prevent injury.

Phil
11-22-2006, 12:51 PM
NO booze while hunting for me or people I'm with or we go separate ways. I do like to go back to camp and get really f***d up. After that a brisk game of russian roulette is alway fun. Saves me from sharing the meat.:lol:

RiverOtter
11-22-2006, 03:09 PM
I Guess I voted wrong when I clicked on NO, according to some posters here. I don't have any problem having a beer during the middle of the day, if I'm doing a morning/evening type hunt. Actually, I would far rather hunt with someone who had a beer at noon and then went hunting at 3:30, over the guy that pounded back 6-12 in late evening and then got up for the early morning hunt. Alcohol doesn't leave your system any faster because you laid down to sleep for a few hours, as a lot of people seem to assume.

RO

boonerbuck
11-22-2006, 03:57 PM
I Guess I voted wrong when I clicked on NO, according to some posters here. I don't have any problem having a beer during the middle of the day, if I'm doing a morning/evening type hunt. Actually, I would far rather hunt with someone who had a beer at noon and then went hunting at 3:30, over the guy that pounded back 6-12 in late evening and then got up for the early morning hunt. Alcohol doesn't leave your system any faster because you laid down to sleep for a few hours, as a lot of people seem to assume.

RO

Good point!!

When I was a drinker...and I could really put them away, I left for my early morning hunt with plenty a booze in my system and feeling fairly drunk still.

I think waking and going out moderately drunk is worse than going moderately drunk in the afternoon. It seems in the morning it is a combination of drunkenness and being hung. I know I was useless with the former.

Bad idea either way.

Dieseldog6
11-22-2006, 11:21 PM
No beer for me except possibly (and rarely) one at lunch, or one or two in the evening. I sometimes carry a hip flask with some port in it mainly for a post-kill, celebration, warm-up drink. However, I have occasionly sipped a small bit when sitting for a long time in the chill. That's my limit, though, because I hate the thought of not being focused on the hunt.

boatdoc
11-23-2006, 08:38 PM
So if every truck i see has beer cans in the back or a hunter siping on a cold one,all these high and mighty posters must be the only ones that don't "drink & hunt".Funny they all seem so perfect!

Marc
11-23-2006, 08:46 PM
So if every truck i see has beer cans in the back or a hunter siping on a cold one,all these high and mighty posters must be the only ones that don't "drink & hunt".Funny they all seem so perfect!

There is roughly 80,000 hunters in BC and only 2000 on this site. So yes it's possible that most of the guys on this site who are responsible hunters don't drink and drive.

The only beer cans you'll find in the back of my truck are the empties that some other bum left on the road or in the ditch.

Marc.

boatdoc
11-23-2006, 08:58 PM
So now that i stirred the pot ,lets see what gets cooked up.

Beverly
11-23-2006, 09:02 PM
I assumed the question meant at any time also and hit yes lol.

The reason I did hit yes was because I am rather fond of a bit of sumthin in my coffee in the am :) It's cold out there! Didn't realize the question was do you get all pissed up.

craigchaplin
11-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Not during the hunt but i like to warm up around the fire at night and have a sip er two of the yager........come on its got a deer on the bottle!

browningboy
11-23-2006, 10:27 PM
Well I have to say I like my beer, I'm not out getting pissed so I can't comprehend whats going on but I do like having beers during a hunt and a funny thing, most guys I come across are the same way, they may not have beer, may have JD, baileys etc. Yes I know the laws, this thread had recited them numerous times, and well thats the way its for me. If you want to know what region I'll be hunting so the guys withs silos on their head want to stay away, I'll post next year so then I'll have less hunting pressure!LOL:lol:

mrdoog
11-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I like my beers, the 8 pack was a great invention.
As it was mentioned before having "a" beer doesn't cut it with me, just makes me tired.
Sooner wait, enjoy beers and conversation while I'm cooking supper.
I've done pretty silly thing in my life, none of them have been bad enough to warrant having to wear a silo though.

abbyfireguy
11-24-2006, 10:10 AM
Funny how many people think its ok to drive along to their favorite hunting spot with a beer on the go...Don't think you would drive down Hwy 1 in the lowermainland with a frosty one sitting in your cup holder...
Funny how standards change when you cross onto a gravel road..:?

Gateholio
11-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Funny how many people think its ok to drive along to their favorite hunting spot with a beer on the go...Don't think you would drive down Hwy 1 in the lowermainland with a frosty one sitting in your cup holder...
Funny how standards change when you cross onto a gravel road..:?

Man, if I had to figth lower mainland traffic every day after work, iIwould sip a beer on the way home, wihtout a doubt!8-)

browningboy
11-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Come on gatehouse, lower mainland traffic is much worse than that, we're talking crown!LOL:lol: Different strokes for different folks I say but I know that half the guys here are full of s**t!LOL:lol:

Frango
11-24-2006, 05:35 PM
I tend to agree with browningboy.I have hunted a lot of years.I don't recall bumping into many tea totalers.In some zones I have run into a lot of hunters on a daily basis.They seem to like lucky???? blah???

todbartell
11-24-2006, 06:17 PM
side roads in the clearwater/little fort area - littered with cans of Lucky Lager. damn small headed big eared baby eaters! :lol:

Gateholio
11-24-2006, 06:19 PM
Lucky is a favorite of Islanders...hmmm

:smile: 8) :smile:

browningboy
11-24-2006, 06:22 PM
I like my sasquatch pee, nope wait Kokanee!:twisted:

todbartell
11-24-2006, 06:25 PM
Kokanee...it's like making love in a canoe

f**kin' near water! :lol:

browningboy
11-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Kokanee makes my??? Wait , I'm supporting BC business, I'm sure there's a few hunters on here that work there! Hint free beer???:lol:

bushape
11-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Amen to Browningboy, u said it just right. Ditch the hypocrisy, noones an angel.

TravisC
11-24-2006, 08:26 PM
1 in 6 Hey thats not BAD. B.S more like 1 in 10 are honest.
Game on blacktailstalker.

Mattimoose
04-14-2007, 02:48 PM
1 in 6 Hey thats not BAD. B.S more like 1 in 10 are honest.
Game on blacktailstalker.

Pretty vague question there. Better as -do you like to hunt piss-drunk ?or Do you tie one-on after the animal is down? or Do you have one-on watch before you spark-up a smoke and walk back to camp. Or do you smoke a big fatty so you can hear the animals better?

When I was 16, it was a little different or maybe the same I don't know, but it didn't take long to figure-out alcohol and firearms was a bad Idea. Weed too. That was 20 years ago. If someone you hunt with doesn't understand, at least make them walk-in front!

Buck
04-14-2007, 05:58 PM
My personnel opinion is that handling a rifle under the influence should be considered a serious crime.Going hunting with someone who has a hangover in the morning very dangerous i wish they would crackdown on drinking in the woods it has no place there.

mapguy
04-15-2007, 04:28 PM
not many drinkers bagging anything
so drink up boys more bucks for us

30-06
04-15-2007, 04:35 PM
drinking and driving or drinking and hunting...big NO NO

BANG!
04-16-2007, 05:45 PM
I'll take one (or maybe two beers) with my dinner after a day out on the hill, once the guns are away - but if I'm up at 6 in the morning the next day to get out before sun-up, the last thing I want to be hauling along with me is a hang over.

GoatGuy
04-16-2007, 06:56 PM
Lucky is a favorite of Islanders...hmmm

:smile: 8) :smile:

And newfies

"It's cheap and it does the job boay"

psyco
04-16-2007, 07:12 PM
not a beer man myself.But we always leave the drinking till after the hunting.Not only is it illegal its just freiken stupid.

browningboy
04-16-2007, 09:53 PM
-Come on, I hunt alot and seen many hunters drinking beer, not drunk, just enjoying the outing, it so hypricritical to jump on the threads bandwagon, I'm not condoning getting hammered, thats just plain stupid, but to say your an angel, ya right!:lol:

Creeping Death
04-18-2007, 02:38 PM
alot of ppl do it...look in the ditches next time your out road hunting and you'll find alot of beer cans. I bet most people who say they dont drink while hunting sip on a few beer while they're out there.

Ltbullken
04-18-2007, 10:26 PM
Personally, until you've drank peyote, stripped down, painted your body blue and hunted bear with a pointed stake, ya juuussst haven't lived! :lol:

mrdoog
04-18-2007, 11:11 PM
The use of the Herb or Root called Peyote. . . is a superstitious action and reproved as opposed to the purity and sincerity of our Holy Catholic Faith, being so that this said herb, nor any other cannot possess the virtue and natural efficacy attributed to it for said effects, nor to cause the images, phantasms and representations on which are founded said divinations, and that in these one sees notoriously the suggestion and assistance of the devil, author of this abuse."
Spanish Inquisitors against heresy, depravity and apostasy
1620, Mexico City

-I'm pretty sure I can live without subjecting myself to phsycotropic herbs to enjoy my hunting experience

LeverActionJunkie
04-18-2007, 11:13 PM
I no longer drink at all. But even when I did I never enjoyed any till I got to camp, then we usually got Floor Lickin' drunk just so we could sleep in our poorly set up tent and damp cloathes.:lol:

Macgregor
04-18-2007, 11:16 PM
I respect everyones take on this subject. But if some dogooder Wants to stop by my spot where I;m dressing a moose and I'm having a beer he had better keep his opinions to himself.

butcher
04-19-2007, 09:52 AM
I prefer halucinogens while hunting. It makes trophy judging reaaaallly exciting!

Mr. Dean
04-19-2007, 12:00 PM
I assumed the question meant at any time also and hit yes lol.

The reason I did hit yes was because I am rather fond of a bit of sumthin in my coffee in the am :) It's cold out there! Didn't realize the question was do you get all pissed up.
I've read all the posts up to Beverly's. Any and all with the same mindset are welcome at my camp.

I do enjoy a Ballied-up coffee in the morning.
I do enjoy a Wiser's or 2 with my lunch. Never more.
If I'm with company, (seldom) there's usually a 6 pack in my truck. Please toss the m/t's in the box and it's a 2 beer limit, thank-you.
As a rule, the driver (me) doesn't consume while bouncing down the road. I don't feel the need of having to explain my way out of that one w/ the lawman - Most of my luck is bad luck and I accept it as such.

You don't need to be tanked to enjoy a kacktail. If you wanna live it up then stay at camp. I'd rather hunt than get drunk. The pack is heavy enough and the booze isn't an essencial.

Drinking to the point of being hung in the morning isn't fun. I ALLWAYS miss out on the 4am wake-up call. I can do that at home ANYTIME. The pursuit of game I take seriously and can only afford a small amount of time to invest in it. Hangovers just get in the way.

But when the hunt is DONE... WATCH OUT

Another yes vote.
Cheers!

BearSniper
04-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Absolutely -positively no alcohol when you have a gun in your hands.:mad:

Lock 'em away back at camp, then you can party or have a cool one:)

Rainwater
04-19-2007, 01:11 PM
MrDog, Don't knock it unless you tried it. Would not advocate Peyote unless 1)the arsenic is scraped off 2) that you never use it while hunting or with weapons 3) that your spiritual guide is well versed in it's use.

hunter1947
04-21-2007, 04:30 AM
You would have to be nuts to drink while your hunting http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon13.gif,i have a few around the fire at night no proublum then ,i don't handle a firearm during this time period. hunter 1947.

30-06
04-21-2007, 08:31 AM
im with browningboy..i bet lots of the people writing on this thread about how bad it is do actually do it....but im only 16 so i dont have to worry about drinking:lol:

doog3
04-21-2007, 11:10 AM
booze and any guns do not mix very very dangerous