PDA

View Full Version : old access to halfway R near hudson Hope???

lightmag
09-03-2012, 08:12 AM
My hunting partner lost the maps from his uncle on how to get to a spot they use to hunt a few years ago and im putting it out there to see if anyone can help me on where it is or if the access is still there.

He said they hunted the halfway river. via access between hudson hope and FST john, some road at the top of the "hill" on the hwy from hope to john, left off hwy, thru lots of private farm land, gates etc.. all crown road access thru private land, that eventually drops you down to the halfway river to some gravel pit along the banks??? then you hunt via quad/foot from there??

this sound familiar to anyone?? any help would be appreciated

thx , lighmag

ianwuzhere
09-03-2012, 08:22 AM
sounds like the upper cache.

lightmag
09-03-2012, 08:31 AM
i believe it is too, but the real info i need is where from there, turns, gates etc......

gerrygoat
09-03-2012, 09:19 AM
I might have been close to there this last February are you thinking of the Pickell Pit? We saw evidence of a hunting camp there, I would have trouble telling you where to turn without being there however. I bought the Peace River Area Recreation Atlas from McElhanney In Ft St John that shows a lot of roads and trails it would be a big help to you if you don't have one, expensive but worth it. I bet you could figure it out from Google Earth too.

brutus
09-03-2012, 10:43 AM
upper cache for sure,left of thge highway on upper cache road about 30 k to pikle pit,there is a fork in the road with a farmer on your left follow the road to the farmers house then left again that road follows his property to the river,steep hill take u down to the river,very busy with hunters,guys setup camp at the top of the steep hill for the entire season,lots of elk if u want to bush wack in the thick stuff,lots of private farmers land in there.

brutus
09-03-2012, 10:46 AM
pm me if u want more info,i think i can help :):):)

Jetboat
09-03-2012, 11:14 AM
Brutus nailed it. Comes out at Inga Lake (mile 91 rd) if you stay on the main road. We used to get to the Farrel Creek road from Mile 91 and come out on Hwy 29, then zip back to town via mile 54. Very busy area.

lightmag
09-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Awesome ! Thx guys ... Busy now hey , ok
Brutus, PM coming shortly :)