PDA

View Full Version : My girls 2nd buck!

mark
11-20-2006, 10:56 AM
Well, our cariboo deer trip wasnt as exciting as we hoped, but she did manage to bag this lil guy! We browsed over every honey hole in reg.3 & 5 ive ever had, they all sucked bigtime! Our trip was full of perils too, nothing tragic, but it just seemed like we were jinxed. Most chicks would have been crying and wanted to go home, but she maintained good spirits through it all! We were just road hunting when SHE spotted him. (which is rare, cuz i spot 99% of the deer before her) She bailed out of the truck loaded up and shot him on the walk through the aspens at about 90 yards! (freehand) A slight angle shot through 1 shoulder and lung, he ran like the wind for 50 yards and died! I was quit impressed with her! I made her gut the deer and drag it out by herself, as it was an easy 150 yard drag downhill on snow! We were happy to get him as it was the only buck we saw in 4 days! It was a great experience for her and upped her confidence level alot! Definately not the hog she got last year, but now shes learned they dont always come that easy!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_06601.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3743&size=big&cat=500)

mark
11-20-2006, 11:01 AM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/IMG_0665.JPG (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=3745&size=big&cat=recent&limit=recent)

Fisher-Dude
11-20-2006, 11:05 AM
I made her gut the deer and drag it out by herself, as it was an easy 150 yard drag downhill on snow!

You MADE her??? More like she kicked your sorry ass back to the truck and INSISTED she do it herself! :lol:

Well done Georgia!

jettabambino
11-20-2006, 11:06 AM
nice buck...
you made her drag it herself... where is the chivallry now days...lol..j/k

congrats on a nice buck and congrats on having a women that will shoot with yah...

mark
11-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Oh you got me FD, way to crush my manhood! :cry:

Steeleco
11-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Well done, when's dinner!!!

Marc
11-20-2006, 11:53 AM
OK great to see she's got her second buck and she's taking to hunting but I've yet to see her join the site and post. What gives there?

Tell Georgia I said congradualtions on putting some meat in the freezer and that we'd like to hear her side of the story from now on.:mrgreen:

Marc.

Elkhound
11-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Tell Georgia I said congradualtions on putting some meat in the freezer and that we'd like to hear her side of the story from now on.:mrgreen:

Marc.

+1. Hard hunting in that area for some reason eh Mark? For us too on our trip. Glad she connected. And yes, some years everything just goes smooth. Makes you appreciate them the times when it's a hard go of it.

Mr. Dean
11-20-2006, 02:35 PM
This is COOL. Mrs. Dean is still working up the nerve.

Will
11-20-2006, 04:29 PM
Way to Go ! Congrats to her 8)

willyqbc
11-20-2006, 05:27 PM
Good Job folks! I think its great for her to see that it will not be as easy as the first year to shoot a hog, but if she works hard she will still have success...great hunting lesson to be learned there!

Congrats again!
Chris

Ride
11-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Way to go, great to see people who are together having success in the woods with each other.

Nimrod
11-20-2006, 06:22 PM
Very cool ... actually looks like a beefy little guy... I'll bet you had a grin from ear to ear watching here go into predator mode. next thing you know she'll have the big mulie down first in the year and you'll be scrambling to square the match.

mark
11-20-2006, 06:29 PM
Very cool ... actually looks like a beefy little guy... I'll bet you had a grin from ear to ear watching here go into predator mode. next thing you know she'll have the big mulie down first in the year and you'll be scrambling to square the match.

Already happened last year, her first buck was a 166 net-typical, I got 3 nice bucks last year but couldnt beat hers. (see my gallery)

3kills
11-20-2006, 06:33 PM
good to se another one down...congrats to her...