PDA

View Full Version : antlerless region 7

lip_ripper00
11-19-2006, 11:31 PM
I was wondering why their is an "antlerless" moose LEH in region 7? not cow or calf "anterless" this is a short season,Dec 1-7. When do the bulls up that way loose their head gear? Would this be a take any animal leh? Wondering what the reasoning is for this is, any thoughts? :?:

Steeleco
11-20-2006, 09:00 AM
Not exactly on topic, but I've always wondered why they allow the taking of the females LEH or otherwise, AFTER the rut, in most cases. If they want population control, do it before they are bread!!

mark
11-20-2006, 09:18 AM
The bulls dont lose their headgear by then, not til jan- feb. Do it before they are bred???? Why not let the bulls have one more poke at em before harvesting them!

Steeleco
11-20-2006, 10:03 AM
I don't disagree I know if I were the bull!!!! But in extreme cases there are so many does, that you may shoot an already bread doe and not a dry doe. If there were less does before the rut, most all the bread does would go on to give birth. Just thinking out loud!!!

Sorry for the re-direct Ripper!!!

todbartell
11-20-2006, 10:03 AM
I think you have to submit the uterus or something like that to biologists so they can determine what % are pregnant?

Ive seen bulls with antlers up until late January

GoatGuy
11-20-2006, 10:53 AM
I think you have to submit the uterus or something like that to biologists so they can determine what % are pregnant?

Ive seen bulls with antlers up until late January

Exactly, that's what they're doing. Members of the BCCC will actually be doing it. It's all in the name of science.