PDA

View Full Version : Pine River between dawson and chetwynd

Darksith
09-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I assume there are elk along the pine river? Its opening day and we filled a moose tag the other night, now to search new land in hopes of spotting an elk. Am I wasting my time in there? Not from the area, here for work. I have about 2 weeks left before I go home for good. Any tips on general areas to focus on would be greatly appreciated and kept tight lipped about. PMs if you are more comfortable helping a fellow HBCer that way.

cameron0518
09-01-2012, 07:53 PM
too much gas activity up the pine

brew16
09-01-2012, 09:27 PM
lots of gas activity and road construction along the pine you would be better off down stream form tayor on the peace lots of open side hills that end on the edges of farmers fields very productive area that holds lots of elk

BCRiverBoater
09-02-2012, 11:39 PM
The Pine is not what it used to be. So much Oil and Gas activity the last few years. Seismic and surveying crews there all summer running helicopters and chainsaws. There is also a lot of pressure on the river and the east side with quads. Wouldn't be my first choice in the Peace Country.

Darksith
09-03-2012, 03:07 PM
I can only hunt after work since I work 7 days a week. So from dawson, leaving town daily after work at 5:30-6pm till dark. So my options are somewhat limited although there is a ton of country within that timed radius. I'll just keep exploring, hoping I can run into a few of them.

Drillbit
09-03-2012, 06:07 PM
Open range country too with lots of cows, but a great swimming hole just off the highway. Saw a B&C mulie out of season there, up the creek from the grave on the old homestead a few years ago. Too bad it was outta season, it would've been a 50 foot slam dunk.