PDA

View Full Version : On a brighter note in the Cariboo

srupp
09-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Have noticed that we have far more bucks this year than I have seen in 15 years. I am seeing lots and lots of bucks at all times of day and night basically everywhere. And from the ground and not just the air..

I have checked with others and that is their view also seems to be more bucks than ever before for many years..actual sightings..Horsefly..Gavin lake...Alexis creek... Mc Leese lake...Likely..even Barkerville area....may be a bright spot for this fall???

cheers

Steven

09-01-2012, 04:27 PM
That sound encouraging !

Sure hope we see a few while looking for our Moose in Oct ....... that's a good sign Steven.

I hope your feeling better and well on the mend too.

CT

reach
09-22-2012, 09:48 PM
Drove the West Fraser road at dusk a couple of days ago and saw a grand total of 1 deer. Usually there would be dozens or maybe hundreds. Wonder if the warm weather changed their movement patterns? Or maybe they're all on the other side of the river this year? :D

swamper
09-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Definitely more bucks this year. Should be no problem filling the old deep freeze.

srupp
09-22-2012, 10:41 PM
its TOO HOT later and cooler in the evenings although I did see numerous bughorns eating right around 1130 pretty close to noon

Steven

warnniklz
09-22-2012, 10:56 PM
on the highway I always have to dodge plenty of huge deer the day after the season closes

XPEIer
09-23-2012, 06:34 AM
had a nice little 2pt meat buck walking up my street yesterday morning, and I live right by the hospital here in Williams Lake.