PDA

View Full Version : Wild Sheep Society

bc sportsman
09-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Hey you sheep hunters on Hunting BC...do you belong to the Wild Sheep Society? Is it worth joining if you are new to this type of hunt? Have any of you gone to any get togethers in the Lower Mainland (sort of like our Hunting BC meet ups)?

yugo111
09-01-2012, 08:48 AM
I am yes, it has helped me out in a few ways and it also helps out the sheep so we can continue sheep hunting in the future I get everyone to join that hunts with me lol

BromBones
09-01-2012, 08:54 AM
Definitely worth joining & attending the convention. Speaking of which, I just remembered I need to renew my membership.

Bighorn hunter
09-01-2012, 08:59 AM
The Kamloops banquet is always a blast, guess it is switching to Kelowna this year, hoping to make it again next spring. Bit the bullet a couple of years ago and became a life member, money well spent in my opinion

BH

kennyj
09-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I'm a life member. Good info in the quarterly news letters.
kenny

huntergal
09-02-2012, 06:18 PM
I've been on the board several years - it's a great organization. Great place to meet other fellow sheep hunters, and give back to the resource to keep sheep on our mountains. The banquets are usually sold out which is the reason for moving to a bigger venue in Kelowna. The 2-day annual convention always has workshops on things like sheep hunting techniques, skinning and caping, trophy scoring etc. And there are lots of presentations by sheep biologists, government bio's etc. The 2013 convention will be on March 15/16 - watch the website for more details this winter. www.wildsheepsociety.net (http://www.wildsheepsociety.net)

yama49
09-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Member also, attended first banquet last year, was a blast... well worth joining