PDA

View Full Version : Sponsors for young shooting stars?

Blktail
11-19-2006, 09:28 PM
My buddy in Campbell River has a son that is the #1 junior air pistol shooter in BC, #2 in Canada. They are having to travel more now and it is becoming somewhat of a financial burden. Does anybody out there know how one can access sponsors? This lad has the potential of being a world class shooter. He is one cool cookie. I took Dad and son on their first hunt for mulies last week and I saw the boy shoot his first deer like it was a bullseye on a target! I wish I had that kind of composure. Pretty amazing for an 18 year-old!

His sister is now a senior and is near the top too. Now she is thinking of getting serious.

Poor dad hasn't had a full weeks work in months.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

willyqbc
11-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Would be very interested in this as well, being the father and husband of a couple archers who are both allready national champions. We have had minimal gear sponsorships (all from the states). Beyond contacting the companies whose gear he shoots with or would like to shoot with I don't see much else out there to help in this situation. Shooting sports are not real high on the list of things the "politically correct" crowd wants to support. Whichever national organization governs his sport should provide some meager financial assistance if/when he makes any national teams etc. Unfortunately if this were the good ole U.S.A. he would most likely be shooting on a full ride sponsorship right now.

Chris

Rainwater
11-20-2006, 03:18 PM
Our local BCWF club just help a kid with equipment for the summer games and he came home with a gold. I would suggest you get his closest local club involved financially and even your local Legion will often help kids with shooting. It's good for our image.