PDA

View Full Version : Redfern Lk./ Nevis Ranch Trail

SMOLT333
08-31-2012, 04:05 PM
Anyone been on the ATV trail to Nevis Ranch the past few years. Does one have to cross Nevis Creek to get there, and are there any big mud holes on way in. I understand it is a 25 km ride from where you leave a truck. Any info would be appreciated.

leadpillproductions
08-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Yes u have to cross nevis cr no big deal .lots of mud holes but shouldn't be. Bad this yr

375 ultramag
08-31-2012, 06:02 PM
Yup, we were in there last Aug. First part of the trail has deep ruts and mud holes. I was pulling a trailer, took us 2 hours to go the first 5 km. After that it gets rocky. Make sure you got good tires on your quads and trailers . We've seen lots of broken trailers over the years. Make sure that they well built. It is 27 km to the cabins and there is some creek crossings. LOTS of fun though.

dbergen69
09-01-2012, 04:59 PM
The first part of the trail has lots of mud. I find the mud holes get worse each year and I did not go in last year so I am not sure what they are like. I am going in next Sunday so if anyone knows the current trail conditions that would be great. In some spots it is hard to reach trees to winch to. I pack 100' of extra cable.

sneg
09-03-2012, 06:52 PM
just came back. deep mud holes.lot of atv winching.not best place to hunt.