PDA

View Full Version : No region 5 blockades - Notice from the Ministry

Wagonmaster
08-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Check out the Ministry of the Evironment website (Ministry of Forests, Lands, and Natural Resource Operations). Negotiations between all concerned parties has resulted in the natives agreeing not to blockade roads in region 5 during the upcoming hunting season. Good news for current LEH tag holders. Could we see no LEH draws for moose in some or all of Region 5 next year? I guess the threat of road blockades is an good negotiation tactic. It certainly got everyone's attention.

08-31-2012, 11:03 AM
Nothing comes for free, hate to see what we will lose next year.

1 shot 1 kill
08-31-2012, 11:32 AM
hmmm wonder if i set up a rd block will they buy me out?
no money for the members of the provincial governments employees but money to make this go away year after year after year...it just get sworse and worse and worse

Jelvis
08-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Everyone loves moose meat, tell me one person that tried it that dint love it. Smokies, steaks, ground round, backstraps three feet long and big around as a football, slice two inches thick, BAM!
Onions, garlic, Montreal spice, olive oil, POW! Your taste buds doing a tap dance on your tung.
Enjoy this years leh moose, and congratulations to all winners in 2012's reg 5, next year in this spot, Anaham, 2013, kiss those good bye now, for leh or gos moose. You know who will still be eating moose meat from that area.
You got backed into a corner, and there's no way out now, someone had to stir the pot and rock the boat. Now next year we'll see what happens to this area's moose leh valid tags, if any could be won, or if it's cancelled.

TPK
08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
We'll have to wait and see what the inventory work says about the numbers. I highly doubt there will be a full closure of Moose in all of Region 5, there are still some very good areas where the numbers are strong. More likley (in the area of concern where the road blocks were destined) we'll see a change in access to no motorised vehicles.

loopy
08-31-2012, 12:37 PM
I have hunted that region frequently and there is already a ban on atv's in the area (5-13 area).....think I might send a snottogram to the ministry and demand that our rights are recognized as well....that should work right?

TPK
08-31-2012, 01:42 PM
I have hunted that region frequently and there is already a ban on atv's in the area (5-13 area).....think I might send a snottogram to the ministry and demand that our rights are recognized as well....that should work right?

.. not sure what rights you feel aren't being recognized by the Ministry? Any changes they make will affect both FN's and non-FN's equally.

08-31-2012, 02:38 PM
.. not sure what rights you feel aren't being recognized by the Ministry? Any changes they make will affect both FN's and non-FN's equally.
If that was true natives and resident hunters would be in the same catagory for allocation purposes.

swamper
08-31-2012, 02:39 PM
We will probably see a real cut back in LEH tags allowed. If they do any inventory work at all, it will most likely be greatly reduced as it seems that the favorite line coming from any government department is "there is not enough money in the budget." However there seems to be enough to hire an ex employee as a consultant and pay him just under $500,000 for a 2 year contract.

TPK
08-31-2012, 03:40 PM
If that was true natives and resident hunters would be in the same catagory for allocation purposes.

Yes well it's not the fault of MOE that Mr. Trudeau entrenched FN's right for food, social, and ceremony, that is Federal, not Provincial. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all happy about game management in Region 5 and we've (the BCWF) been working hard at getting changes but all we can hold the local MOE accountable for in this instance is dismal management.

hunter1959
08-31-2012, 06:45 PM
well its to late for me i made big changes for hunting this year cus of the road block threat so they can shove my leh up there where the sun dont shine and i am never putting in for an leh again to fund a goverment with out balls. spent shit load of money to go then get letter from goverment so change plan cancel vacation to another time so i can go to open area my draw was for sept 10th 5_13 A so good luck who ever is still going with so short of notice of no blockade. this took them too long to settle so to the first nation people thanks for screwing up a non natives once in a life time hunt. we will not forget.

Jelvis
08-31-2012, 07:04 PM
The Chief himself cannot stop the members from hunting even if he says they should, that's the part that is misunderstood. The Chief cannot stop Indians from hunting no matter what he signs provincially or with a club, when he signs anything whatsoever. The members have the right to hunt federally under the Constitution and cannot be stopped by any one individual or group, even a Chief. The majority of the members know this, so does the Chief himself.
Chief or no Chief at all, don't matter. It's up to each individual member of that band to decide either way for themselves. No one can stop any one member from using his or her right to hunt .. Not one person can stop them.
Jel .. Name one person or group, that you think can stop a member from shooting moose. Just name one.

betteroffishing
08-31-2012, 07:53 PM

yeah , you are correct it will be written very equally and if your in to reading i guesse you can chock that up as a good thing . the inequity comes with the enforcement of said written rule which is a well documented double standard.

Jelvis
08-31-2012, 09:14 PM
I'd like to see the person or people that try to stop an Indian from that band from hunting moose. There isn't one out here, or over there, that would be that stupid, and if they were and tried that, who do you think is paying a huge fine and maybe seeing the inside of the hooscow. I know so far this has been just writing of others, who brought this stuff up and I don't know if this is the way it's stated or could be way off the public perception of it.
Jel .. Name me the one person that you think or a group of people that would try to stop an Indian from hunting those moose up there and succeed, please this isn't a quiz, I'm serious, tell us now.

hunter1959
08-31-2012, 09:22 PM
leh for in?????

gcreek
08-31-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes well it's not the fault of MOE that Mr. Trudeau entrenched FN's right for food, social, and ceremony, that is Federal, not Provincial. Don't get me wrong, I'm not at all happy about game management in Region 5 and we've (the BCWF) been working hard at getting changes but all we can hold the local MOE accountable for in this instance is dismal management.

Firing the do-nothing beaurocrat in WL would be a good start!

I shudder when the word "study" comes up in connection with MOE. It creates opportunity for the fund bleeders to waste our time and resources just as has been done in the past. I would guess that if those that hunt the Chilcotin this year are honest, they will notice a big absence of moose in most areas.

Personally, I have yet to see 20 moose total in my local travels in the past year. Big change from a couple of hundred or more 2 or 3 years back. It appears that a lot of the wolf population has moved to better pastures also.

Good luck to those of you hunting this country this fall, you'll need it...