PDA

View Full Version : MU 1-06 B - Elk

charr
08-29-2012, 11:04 PM
Hi
I have a LEH for ELK in MU1-06 B ( sept 10-30). I am going over to the Island a few day early to scout out the area before the season open
Has anyone hunted this area and be willing to PM were I should look for ELK. :shock:

d6dan
08-30-2012, 07:29 AM
Buckley Bay mainline is only open on weekends. Gated active logging road. You might want to contact their office @ Islandtimberlands.com

Pioneerman
08-30-2012, 07:54 AM
I guess you could walk off the Inland hwy, but again it is private gated land so they might frown on your being there. WE used to see tons of deer elk and bear between the new hwy and the old hwy when logging in there years ago. I assume there is less animals getting to the lower side of new hwy because of the high fencing that was put up to prevent road kill deaths. There is probably still many below hwy that were there before, but fences have swing gates that allow animals to pass through to go up, but not able (or supposedly) not come back down. Good luck

BlacktailStalker
08-30-2012, 08:04 AM
They will give you a key for the period of your draw.
Youll get your elk in the bottom 8km, likely the first 4km off Buckley main or the tsable side. They religiously go back and forth from the river to the poplars. Behind the wood cutters landing is good too, tons of rubs in there.
The main herd of cows crosses at 1km above the gate guy, talk to him and the loggers. Don't overlook van west either.