PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Regs clarification

lorneparker1
08-29-2012, 07:40 PM
So i was reading through the wildlife act today and stumbled across a few things i would like to know.

it starts with this in the defintion section

"power boat" means a boat, canoe or yacht powered by electric, gasoline, oil, steam or other mechanical means, but does not include a boat powered manually nor a boat with an outboard motor provided the motor is tilted or otherwise disengaged so as not to be ready for immediate use;

As i read further this would make sense to cover guys that hunt with canoes or row boats in sloughs or marshes.

however here is my concern

FIrst

It is a offence to

(n) migratory game birds by using a power boat, unless the boat is beached, resting at anchor or fastened within or tied immediately alongside of a fixed hunting blind

ok, im on board, but

(a) retrieves a dead or injured game animal by the use of a power boat while that person is in possession of a loaded firearm.

So if i read this it sounds like only the guy driving the boat cant have the loaded fiream. SO if im driving and someone else is shooting at a diving cripple we are good to go?if not....

How does one dispatch and retrieve a seaduckthat has sailed 200 yards away that can dive and pop up 50-100 yards away, with tides rishing and winds blowing?

In basic terms HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FINISH OFF A WOUNDED SEA DUCK WITHOUT A LOADED FIREARM AND AT POWER?

Lorne

ALl the more reason to water swat!

Crazy_Farmer
08-29-2012, 08:34 PM
I don't think you'll find a CO or judge that is gonna give you grief for dispatching a dieing wounded bird that you shot. Regs may say otherwise but morally and ethically it's different.

Always motor up to a wounded bird and idle and sit. If it dives wait and shoot it.

field marshal
08-29-2012, 08:42 PM
I don't think you'll find a CO or judge that is gonna give you grief for dispatching a dieing wounded bird that you shot. Regs may say otherwise but morally and ethically it's different.

Always motor up to a wounded bird and idle and sit. If it dives wait and shoot it.

CO told me: Motor up to cripple, shut off motor, tilt motor , sluice cripple. This should not present a problem for
Courtenay Fatso as he is the B.C. King of the ground swat!!!!! Cheers---Field Marshal.

f350ps
08-30-2012, 04:30 PM
CO told me: Motor up to cripple, shut off motor, tilt motor , sluice cripple. This should not present a problem for
Courtenay Fatso as he is the B.C. King of the ground swat!!!!! Cheers---Field Marshal.
Ha....ha....ha.... I'm feelin the love!!! K

limit time
08-30-2012, 04:45 PM
And in the case of a jetboat, engine off with no forward motion and as the CO said " keys out of the ignition".