PDA

View Full Version : I have fallen in love

mots
08-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Wow,

What an experience the last few trips into the bush have been during the opening week of archery season! This year is the first year I have really spent any time bow hunting! First trip out we saw at least 12 deer 2 were good looking bucks. Had another chance to hit the hills on Tuesday and spent some time with the wife walking a slash until we heard crashing through the bush!

We grabbed a seat and waited to see what the bush would present us! The wife all of a sudden says "DEER." After glassing we managed to locate 2 really healthy looking does. We watched and watched sure enough 2 more deer appeared behind the first 2. While the deer were feeding the light was starting to fade and the wife and I started to head back to the truck.

As we walked down the small trail I noticed movement to the left of us! Again we stopped and watched! Sure enough the 4 deer were moving our way!

As time went on the deer walked out onto the path we were on! We were not even 7yrd from the 3 does as they walked down the path! Moments later a nice little spike buck still in velvet came out onto the path!

He stopped and stared at where we were sitting for what seemed like hours! They carried on back into the bush and we headed to the truck!

I am so in love with bow hunting! Being so close to game and being so quiet in the bush is so therapeutic!

What a sport! Just felt the need to share my beginner bow experience!

bone
08-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Great experience! What general region where you scouting?

Blacktail
08-29-2012, 11:06 AM
awesome isnt it ;-)

been bowhunting for around 30 years now and still love every minute

mots
08-29-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm hunting in 1-5