PDA

View Full Version : Inga Lake Area

browningboy
08-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Reaching out to local folk for some feedback on area only, we usually hunt Sikkani Chief however this year we are bringing some second year kids up so thought camping on the lake would be cool and catch fish as well, what I'm asking is how is the area? Is it far enough out of town where it's peaceful and your camp gear is safe?
im not so worried about game, just wondering if there's lots of trails etc?
any feedback would be appreciated!
cheers

Ry151
08-28-2012, 11:56 PM
then area is nice and you shouldnt have to worry about your gear any more than if you were any where else. Ive hunted there once and it seemed to have alot of road hunters on it so ive never gone back.

browningboy
08-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Thanks, sounds like it could be a busy place, if there are lots of gas line roads then it should be good, is the camp ground busy?

Swamp mule
08-29-2012, 06:47 AM
Expect that it will be a very busy place with hunters in that area. That is what i've been told by ranchers just south of Inga lake. There are alot of woves in the areas as well. Did not see any elk or moose when I was up there on thursday last week. But there is quite a bit of sign. B/c it is dry in the area, if you find a puddle or waterbody. stay with it. That is the main ace in your back pocket. I have to head up to the area just south of Inga Lake again and I am sure that there will be alot of pressure. have fun and take care.

2chodi
08-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Fish will be muddy tasting at this time of year and it will be busy. There will also be a lot of industrial traffic, but there are places to get away from the roads.

bear buster
08-29-2012, 08:10 AM
did a rig move up there last week, seen 2 groups camped at lake, both had some nice looking racks in camp.

270WIN
08-29-2012, 06:49 PM
if it rains make sure you have chains for your truck. lots of roads up there. you will have a good time

browningboy
08-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the feedback, glad I dont bonk any trout?.. Mud fish?..gross
sounds like there's lots of roads, is the hunting pressure greater than Pink Mtn?

browningboy
08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
This thread is way more important than the others, need more info...
no I in team but an m an a e

browningboy
08-31-2012, 10:17 PM
Any walleye near by?

2chodi
08-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Charlie Lake has lots of walleye. 45 minute drive or so.

Any walleye near by?

browningboy
08-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Are they good eating out of there?

Bear Chaser
08-31-2012, 11:24 PM
Are they good eating out of there?

It's a fairly warm lake. They get mushy.

Jetboat
09-01-2012, 10:08 AM
Walleye can be found in the Peace river and Charlie Lake is full of walleye and jacks (northern pike) Inga was a great area for moose back in the 70's and early 80's. It's since been clearcut extensively and cattle are pastured in the area at times. With the push for shale gas, there's gas exploration activity along with the old Inga oil/gas field. There are still moose in the area and closer to the Cameron river, elk can be found in abundance at times. Oh, and lots of local pressure as it's less than an hour from town.

browningboy
09-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks jetboat, I was thinking of taking my jetboat up but I need a bottom and more experience, as for the inga area sound like I should go to our usual spot.

brutus
09-03-2012, 10:54 AM
lots of animal arroud inga,get of the road and u will see,elk,mouse,deer,b bear in scary numbers.lots of area to cover,fairly busy with road hunters but the road hunters only see whats on the road lol.friend of mine are there now and got meat on the pole.heading up that way in mid oct myself.

ianwuzhere
09-03-2012, 03:12 PM
buddy of mine and his friend each took a moose this year there- small bullz- never did see any big bulls-but did see a fair amount of elk, and black bear this year..

sneg
09-03-2012, 06:35 PM
area is plentiful of moose and elk. easy hunting as well.

browningboy
09-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Well if we go offroad on the seismic lines it should be good, heading up end of September but do people jetboat the Cameron river or is it worth it.