PDA

View Full Version : Little hot for a spot and stalk.

Lozzie
08-25-2012, 01:33 PM
Went out for a couple hours today fully aware it was probably too hot and too dry for spot and stalk hunting. Checked out a few new spots, found lots of tracks and trails. It should work out to be a productive as soon as we get some rain. Just nice to get out for a hike now its just about waiting for the right conditions. Come on rain!

Bowhunter642
08-25-2012, 02:08 PM
i did the same,its hot out there thats for sure..

spear
08-25-2012, 07:27 PM
was out today, stalked in on some does, one buck sighting, really crunchy out there

huntwriter
08-26-2012, 09:01 AM
If it is that hot and crunchy on the season opener I'll be sitting near a water source in the bush. Cool shade near water that's where the deer will hang out during the hot days.

Lozzie
08-27-2012, 09:36 PM
We're talking about island deer, on a hot day they're more likely pounding back Lucky's on a patio somewhere ;)

If it is that hot and crunchy on the season opener I'll be sitting near a water source in the bush. Cool shade near water that's where the deer will hang out during the hot days.

greybark
08-27-2012, 11:51 PM
We're talking about island deer, on a hot day they're more likely pounding back Lucky's on a patio somewhere ;)

Yuppers that has been documented on numerous times . LOL

Downwind
08-28-2012, 09:23 AM
I saw a few deer opening, including a nice buck. Didn't get a chance to get a shot of (did draw on him then he decided to walk away). It was crunchy but they weren't very spooked. Early season I guess they are too nervous yet. I might go have poke around tonight and sit on a spoke that looked like it had good movement coming through.