PDA

View Full Version : Duck a la so so good :)

cavebear
08-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Well with the season soon upon us I thought I would cook the nice hen mallard that I carefully plucked last year. I started by zesting afew oranges and chopping up a bunch of celery tops a little fresh pepper and into the cavity went the mix. Then made some thin slices in the skin to allow extra fat to drain. Seasoned with salt and pepper and seared off in a hot pan with butter. Into the oven for thirty minutes a side. Once I flipped it I decided to put the duck on a rack to allow for more drainage.

To accompany our duck I started an orange with fresh black berry reduction on the stove at about three oclock, added a dash or so of honey and let simmer untill dinner at 7 pm. To dress the duck up I prepared red delicous apples (because thats what we had ) sliced in wedges and fried in a pan with butter and brown sugar.

To accompany the main course asparagus drizzled in garlic butter and fresh potato mash with cubed cheddar cheese.

Oh so good. Our four dinner guest (friends of the wifes) were fighting over the left over carrcas :)

Happy hunting :)

P.S. Sorry no pics it did not last long enough.

Ovis17
08-24-2012, 11:56 PM
Sounds delicious.

field marshal
08-25-2012, 10:00 AM
1 Mallard???? Nobody would get any of it if I cooked it!!!! Cheers----Field Marshal.

yamadirt 426
08-25-2012, 10:11 AM
Sounds so good. Thx

lorneparker1
08-25-2012, 06:54 PM
1 Mallard???? Nobody would get any of it if I cooked it!!!! Cheers----Field Marshal.

nO DOUBT FATTY!