PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for youth season? - Merritt area

Davy Crockett
08-24-2012, 10:09 AM
Hi guys. It's my daughter's first year with a hunting license and I'd like to get her out for the youth mulie season. I don't have a ton of time as it's been a busy year at work so I was hoping to keep it as close to the lower mainland as possible.

I'm looking for suggestions for general areas to start in around the Merritt area. If anyone has a FSR or something to get us headed on the right direction rather than us driving blindly that would be a great help.

coach
08-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Pm sent! I'm not big on sharing hunting spots on the open forum - but have no issue sharing in private. Best of luck! Make sure you post the story and pics of your daughter's successful hunt.

Davy Crockett
08-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Fair enough. I can see why this might not be the best discussion to have in public.

Thanks to the folks who sent PM's. I really appreciate the help.

We are going to head up next weekend and if she has luck I will be sure to post some pictures.

coach
08-25-2012, 02:48 PM
Good luck! Hope she bags a big one.

natebavis
08-25-2012, 08:06 PM
comstock rd, have seen deer up there by gwen lk many times

BigfishCanada
08-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Well as usual heading out myself, early early mornings. With these hot days get out well before any light. Get high up if you can also. find cuts surrounded in trees and look for any does, small bucks should be near. I gave the greeen light for my boy to tag a bruin this year also. I can't wait, if anyone sees me near my cabins say hi ok!