PDA

View Full Version : Rock Creek trip

DropTines
11-19-2006, 03:01 AM
Off to Rock Creek to hunt some Whitetail bucks, we made the same trip last year and had to stay in Greenwood because everywhere else was full, we have rooms yet again in Greenwood. We will be heading out Monday mornin' and comin home on thursday night, lookin to bag my first whitey. I was just wondering if anybody has ever hunted around in the Fiva Creek area, we tried it out last year, seeing 2 moose, one nice whitey buck and a few does, has anyone else ever had this luck in this particular area. Also does anybody know a good area to hunt around Greenwood instead of making a 30 minute drive back to Rock Creek then heading off to a usual area we hunt.

PS Last year was very busy, we stopped at a guys camp because he let my uncle hang his buck there for the day as he was helping a partner trail another deer he had hit (which was never found, because of a non-fatal hit), while we were at the guys camp we counted 7 shots in 6 different directions, we were only at the guys camp for about 30-45 minutes!

Any help would be very appreciated, wish me luck.

Jonas
________
Honda cmx250c (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CMX250C)

rchoward101
11-19-2006, 08:03 AM
have fun

i was just there yesterday, roads are ice strips and there are a lot of yahoo's around... hope u get a deer, i left because the chances of getting hit on the ice, or getting shot seemed more probable.

rob

DropTines
11-19-2006, 03:21 PM
I just got word today from a family member that there isn't any snow in the Rock Creek area? is this true?
________
Yamaha Psr-3000 History (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_PSR-3000)

NightOwl74
11-19-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm from the Kelowna area and I went hunting today near Kelowna so I can report on the weather here. It was windy as hell and started to rain towards noon. At daybreak I drove to my spot and spotted a whitetail from the road, so I drove ahead about 400 yards and parked. The snow wasn't fresh, but actually the conditions were good, with the wind at my face. 300 yards inside the treeline I spot two BIG fresh scrapes and soon after I ran into a deer on the same trail I was on. He bolted soon as we made eye contact:sad: . But I knew he was gonna try to get downwind of me so I snuck out backwards 100 yrds and spotted this guy again tryin to slip in the backdoor. I coulda shot him between the eyes, but he was a little forky, so he lives another day. But man I almost feel like I shoulda put him outta his misery. BAD wind. I actually rushed back to vehicle because the trees were bending over and popping. Bottom line is I think with the hunting pressure now you're gonna wanna do what I did. Spot a deer, take a walk. Or spot a rub, or fresh tracks-8) good luck!

Mckinney Creek Adventures
11-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Snow is here at a about 900 meters elevation and the bucks are running around. Seen a nice one tonight that would give me a shot..... Mayber tomorrow.

DropTines
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
Allright thanks guys, I want some whitey meat
________
HARLEY-DAVIDSON WLA (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Harley-Davidson_WLA)