PDA

View Full Version : Cabelas Alaska boot or kenetreck mountain extreme ?

Trophyslayer
08-22-2012, 11:19 PM
I don't know what pair to go with i have herd bad things about the soles on the kenetrecks and I have read the cabelas Alaska boots are made with lesser quality material. Anybody have pros and cons on either boot?

smoothbor
08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
i use the kenetreks mtn extremes and love them have had not one issue with them. I have hunted sheep goat elk and everything with them as well as shed hunting and hiking as well, they are every bit as good or better than the meindles that i used to wear, dont know anything about the cabelas boot though

Hunting guy
08-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Wasn't a fan of the kenetreks, hanwags are twice the boot. Not sure about the cabelas.

Ovis17
08-23-2012, 09:34 PM
I have the Cabela's Meindl Alaskans. No issues after 3 or 4 years of use. Performed well for me on a recent sheep hunt. Cabela's will warranty them as well if you had any problems. Well suited for sidehilling / steep stuff. A bit stiff for a deer stalker.

yukon john
08-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Another vote for Kenetrek, to be clear they have a high quality sole, its just a softer material for better traction. The owner is a hard core sheep hunter and made the boots for that, I doubt you will find a more comfortable boot. If you want a kenetrek with a harder sole just get the mountain guide. The fact is that cabelas finds a good product, goes to the manufacturer and says ''make it for this price'' so the company has to cut corners. If you have wide feet meindls may be a good choice but go with the ''real'' ones (aj brooks in vancouver sells them). I have wore out pairs of Irish setters, meindls, lowas and kenetrek mtn hunter as well as a pair of mtn guide and the only boots I would buy again are the Kenetreks.

Trophyslayer
08-31-2012, 10:22 PM
I went with the kenetrecks I picked them up for 365 south of the boarder I tried the cabelas alaska boots and they felt cheap and didn't feel as comfortable as the kenetrecks. I can't wait to try them out in the east koots chasing goats in 3 weeks!

swampthing
09-01-2012, 11:03 AM
The kenetrek is a very comfortable boot. Love my mountain extreems. Will buy the guide model next.

stoneguide
09-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Kenetrek for sure. Ive got at least 150 hard days over 3 years in the sheep counrty with mine and not an issue or blemish.

budismyhorse
09-01-2012, 08:42 PM
Wasn't a fan of the kenetreks, hanwags are twice the boot. Not sure about the cabelas.X2 ..... Any boot Hanwag makes and you won't be sorry. Don't buy Cabelas anything. They are made to a lower standard which is why they are cheaper. It's like Canadian Tire tires.... Bulk orders to a lower standard than a place like Kaltire.Between the two get the kenetreks

lorneparker1
09-01-2012, 09:23 PM
Lowa Tibet gtx

THere is no other boot

caves16
09-01-2012, 10:27 PM
danner canadians boots all the way

scottwh
09-04-2012, 12:17 AM
It may too soon for me to comment on Kenetreck's yet as I am still breaking mine in. However, they seem to fit great with good support. Very light and comfy. And they seem to be breaking in fast :)