PDA

View Full Version : Tunkwa Lake area for early bow season

xtremearchery
08-22-2012, 09:03 AM
I am looking for a little direction in or around Tunkwa Lake area. I was successful in drawing a moose tag in there. I am going up there to start scouting Sept 1st during the archery season. Anyone have experience in that area? Also I will be setting up camp at the resort. Any good deer hunting around there? I got to love that area because of the Logan Lake archery shoots. Alway said I'd love to hunt that area. But a starting point would be nice.

swampdonkey
08-22-2012, 09:09 AM
3-18 or 3-19 oct or nov

xtremearchery
08-22-2012, 09:12 AM
3-18 for the whole month of November. Like I said going deer hunting with my bow for Sept 1st so hopping to get a deer and get to know that area.

mijinkal
08-22-2012, 10:36 AM
I'll be up near that area with my daughter for September youth season. I've only hunted it later in the fall, but there were many deer and a few moose to be seen. I'm not shure how early season is though.
In the past, I saw almost all of my animals when I went for a hike away from the main roads so that's what I'll be doing again.
If you're staying at the resort, the people there will point you in the right direction and have always been very friendly, helpful to me.

wrenchhead
08-22-2012, 06:22 PM
with the bow just pick a place that looks good from the road and start hiking. consentrate on the heights of land and old growth fir benches. theres lots of deer. as for moose they will likely be in the lower spots up there, around swampy areas or pot holes up there which there are alot of. have a look at google earth or topo maps for likey spots and check them out in sept for sign.

CHEAM
08-23-2012, 04:09 PM
There are a few moose around Bose Lake south west of Tunkwa. Just beware of the no shooting area around the mine. That may work out good with your bow in Sept. for deer.

Big Lew
08-23-2012, 05:39 PM
I have bow hunted south of Tunkwa Lake many times and have had luck. Unfortunately, the last 3 years have been frustrating because FNS from Lower Nicola start
hunting with rifles the same area a week or two before it's legal for non-natives as well as during bow/youth season, so most bucks are too spooked to get close enough for bow hunting.

xtremearchery
08-24-2012, 09:34 AM
I have bow hunted south of Tunkwa Lake many times and have had luck. Unfortunately, the last 3 years have been frustrating because FNS from Lower Nicola start
hunting with rifles the same area a week or two before it's legal for non-natives as well as during bow/youth season, so most bucks are too spooked to get close enough for bow hunting.
I had the same problem in Princeton last year. They killed 16 bucks in 3 days + 3 moose and a few elk. Wasnt fun being caught in the middle of that.

gutpile
08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
The poor buggers they need to eat allso !