PDA

View Full Version : poor mans slam/bc slam??? who's got one?

goinghunting
08-21-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm going crazy with the lack of stone sheep pictures since the season has opened so thought I'd see how many guys on this site have accompleshed a bc slam (sheep), so post some pic's and feel free to tell some stories of the memorable ones!!!

ryanb
08-21-2012, 12:43 PM
Bit off topic, but it is a real shame people aren't posting sheep pictures anymore. By my count, only 3 sheep been posted so far this year (2 in one thread). That's unfortunate because I know of many many more that have hit the dirt. I can't say I blame people after the nonsense every person that posts about a sheep hunt has to go through, but still, it's why I check in to this site multiple times a day.

hellojello74
08-21-2012, 01:27 PM
It is the Number ONE reason I come to this site, to enjoy the sheep hunts, I like to see hogs but really a sheep down is a sheep down and it doesn't get any better than that. Especially for those of us who want to but can't get out every year.

yama49
08-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Bit off topic, but it is a real shame people aren't posting sheep pictures anymore. By my count, only 3 sheep been posted so far this year (2 in one thread). That's unfortunate because I know of many many more that have hit the dirt. I can't say I blame people after the nonsense every person that posts about a sheep hunt has to go through, but still, it's why I check in to this site multiple times a day.

I agree, i know some other ones that have hit the ground also. Getting less and less posted every year...

Grousedaddy
08-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Why are ppl not posting there stories?? Whats the reason im clearly missing something

Iron Sighted
08-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Why are ppl not posting there stories?? Whats the reason im clearly missing something

Because, inevitably, someone is going to flame the person who posts the pictures of their ram for shooting a "dink ram". For some people, it would seem that shooting a legal ram is just not good enough, and that in their minds, nothing except book class rams should be shot.

Well, that is at least the general gist of what I took away from reading many of the sheep threads last year. I am far from an expert though and will happily stand corrected if I missed the mark.

Gateholio
08-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Just a note here- the "dink ram/ nanny goat/ cow moose etc" rule will be strictly enforced. People got banned last year for repeatedly flaming legal hunters.

huntcoop
08-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Because, inevitably, someone is going to flame the person who posts the pictures of their ram for shooting a "dink ram". For some people, it would seem that shooting a legal ram is just not good enough, and that in their minds, nothing except book class rams should be shot.

Well, that is at least the general gist of what I took away from reading many of the sheep threads last year. I am far from an expert though and will happily stand corrected if I missed the mark.

You hit the nail on the head Iron.

RiverOtter
08-21-2012, 07:10 PM

That's part of it for sure, but I also a remember a thread where a guy shot a sheep, had it inspected/plugged/deemed legal, then posted pics here, only to have another member(s) dial up the CO's and cry foul. The "Second" inspection resulted in confiscation.......
I'm thinking that scenario scares a lot more potential pics/stories away than what some arshole on the intraweb thinks of your trophy.

Foot Note:

Not in any way saying illegal rams should not be reported/confiscated, BUT, if I shot a ram that was "Close" and "Passed", this is the last fricken place I'd post up a picture and story........

hunter#1_300
08-21-2012, 07:12 PM
People gotta remember its called HUNTING not killin. When you go on a sheep hunt or any hunt its abought the experiance and the memories made gettin a animal of any stature is just a big bonus. Its the smile it leaves on your face, dont matter if its 34" or 42"

Grousedaddy
08-21-2012, 07:16 PM
Thanks , if people are calling co's over a pic i can see why ppl arent posting their stories and pics too bad i like reading about everyones hunts

one-shot-wonder
08-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Like many things with hunting in BC, a few have wrecked it for many........

pg83
08-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Like many things with hunting in BC, a few have wrecked it for many........

This is not only true for hunting specific things, but everything these days. Eventually fairness and equality turn everything to s****.

As with the majority on this thread, I love the stories and pictures of fellow hunters sharing their hunts with us. Jealousy and bitterness do not enter my train of thought, it's really too bad that some individuals can't help but turn everything into a c*** measuring competition.

goinghunting
08-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Not to change the subject or anything here boys but was kinda hoping to get some sheep pics and stories rather then another rant forum?

Although I do agree its a shame there's not more sheep pics and stories being posted!

sheepsheen
08-22-2012, 04:56 PM
Im one stone sheep away and hoping to close the hole this fall. Ill post pics if I do.

mwj
08-22-2012, 05:28 PM
search "2010 stone ram mwj" and you'll see a bc slam

fireguy
08-22-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm half way there, two stones and a california down. One day....

Just to get this back on track, her is my california, solo hunt in the ashinola, and my first stone, backpack trip in late september.

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/fireguy4/sheep1aac.jpg

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/x477/fireguy4/Stonesheep.jpg

vortex hunter
08-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Nice Looking Sheep Fireguy ..

one-shot-wonder
08-23-2012, 07:31 AM
Congrats .....Both great field photos!

Brez
08-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Nice rams, Fireguy. Congrats and good luck on the slam

mwj
08-23-2012, 05:13 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/lefty_548.JPG

mwj
08-23-2012, 05:15 PM
bc slam unguided, lets see more!!!!!
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/lefty_546.JPG

goinghunting
08-23-2012, 05:37 PM
thats better nice rams fireguy and mwj well done! Hope to see a few more?

Bighorn hunter
08-23-2012, 05:45 PM
3/4s or the way there:)

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IMG_0418.JPG

goinghunting
08-23-2012, 05:51 PM
Man you've got a couple dandies in there bighorn hunter! Nicely done! What does that stone go?

Elkhunter 17
08-23-2012, 06:03 PM
Some beauty sheep

Bighorn hunter
08-23-2012, 06:29 PM
came in at 166:)

bosca
08-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Very impressive trophies trophy guy...and that trophy room is awesome!

bosca
08-23-2012, 06:37 PM
Very impressive trophies trophy guy...and that trophy room is awesome!Whoops!
...not sure what was going through my head there...I was referring to Bighorn hunters trophy room.

Rackmastr
08-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Some great pics!!

Personally I think I'd rather have a BC slam than a true slam with a Desert sheep. Just what I'd prefer I guess!!

Very awesome stuff!!

Frans
08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
A BC slam would make me very happy! So far I have the AB slam for sheep: one bighorn! :-P

Rackmastr
08-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Frans youve got more than me!!

Ive got the West Texas sheep slam!!

Then again my wifey has got a 1/4 slam so at least there is a ram in the house!!

yukon john
08-24-2012, 08:27 PM
Holy smokes! I'm envious, now you've got me so exited I could hang a truck tire off.....myself

Husky7mm
08-24-2012, 08:35 PM
Fireguy I just love the pictures of the your sheep and the country your in, both really capture the essence of the species you were hunting. Thats why I live early season mulies, the country! I am sure I would feel the same about sheep if I ever hunted them. Look out!!
That late sept stones is a real stud, amazing to even find such a good representative of the species after almost 2 mths of open season.... Awsome