PDA

View Full Version : Shore fishing around kelowna

fishinthecity
08-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Hey guys dont have a boat but love fishing, so iam shorebound for the forseeable future does anyone know some good spots to cast off the shore, where you dont need a 4x4, i know about hydraulic and beaver/ dee lake area, if anyone knows of any other spots that would be great! not looken for "secret" spots just a few trout and a fun day!

Thanks

doubled
08-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Shannon Lake, Trepanier Creek mouth on OK Lake, Deep Creek mouth on OK Lake, Mission Creek (not sure about regs on that), Kettle River, Trapping Creek, Ceasar's Landing on OK Lake, McKinley Resevoir.

fishinthecity
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks sounds promising!! just a heads up though, mckinley resevoir is closed to fishing for whatever reason,

bighornbob
08-20-2012, 01:11 PM
Bass fishing in Shannon Lake and trout fishing in the West Kettle or Kettle rivers.

BHB

MOUNTAIN MAN - TOYOTA/ATV
08-20-2012, 06:45 PM
All of the above and Arlington Lake - good fishing earlier this summer. Kalamaka Lake in the Fall - nice trout. West Kettle River- KVR - near Carmi - good fishing. Good Luck!

300H&H
08-22-2012, 06:37 AM
Try Roes Valley dam...east side near the first point.

Worm & bobber slay the fish in the fall.

fishinthecity
08-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Alright thanks for the tip! i tried rose valley at the beginning of summer before it was blistering hot, the old worm and bobber all i got was a couple 4-6 inch possibly squaw? or suckers either way they were ugly and went right back, lots of turtles tho!!