PDA

View Full Version : At least the dog got lucky...

ellellbee
11-17-2006, 08:34 PM
Got up early, moved (by hand) what seemed like half a mountain that slid down over the road. Thought is was worth it as this was usually a good area. Not even a doe sighting after all that work. Where have all the big boys gone? Just saw one other hunter in a quad that was rather surprised to see us past the rock slide in a pickup! The dog got lucky when we got a couple of grouse. Sure is hard to hold him back when my husband is out of the truck to shoot. The dog is vibrating while he's waiting to fetch. All in all a good day inspite of the lack of deer.

4ptbuck
11-17-2006, 09:47 PM
where were you hunting?
That rockslide looks familiar.... Jameson lake?

4pts

ellellbee
11-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Nope, it's in the North Thompson.

308BAR
11-17-2006, 11:19 PM
That second picture could be a GMC commercial ;)....great looking dog BTW.

Brambles
11-17-2006, 11:22 PM
That second picture could be a GMC commercial ;)....great looking dog BTW.

Except they never seem to show the Dodge pulling them out in those commercials:twisted:

ellellbee
11-18-2006, 12:39 PM
Except they never seem to show the Dodge pulling them out in those commercials:twisted:
Yeah, yeah, heard it all before from hunting buddies with Ford's. So what I want to know is how come it's the 16 year old reliable GM that has to pull out the moose or get into the remote areas when the Ford owners wimp out either because the new Ford can't get dirty or the old Ford won't start; 4 wheel drive won't work; etc, etc.

I guess it's just another version of the old 30-06 vs 270 vs 7mm debate. It can go on and on and no-one will ever win (except in their own minds) :)

ellellbee
11-18-2006, 12:42 PM
great looking dog BTW.

Not bad for an SPCA mutt! Taught him to fetch toys in the yard and he automatically fetched grouse first time out with a gentle mouth and dropped it at our feet like he'd been doing it for years. Thought it would take more work than that to train him. Got real lucky when we found him.

Ajsawden
11-18-2006, 09:49 PM
the great part about the fords is that they still perform better even when they wont start or the 4 wheel drive stops working 8). Ive pulled all species of 4x4 vehicle out of the mud and snow with my ford, but ive never had to pull out another ford before!!

mtnmax
11-18-2006, 09:55 PM

No swearing please.
Dodge guys are so rude.:roll:

Hank Hunter
11-18-2006, 10:16 PM
how do you pull anything out when you dont start, I smell BS

Ajsawden
11-18-2006, 10:26 PM
how do you pull anything out when you dont start, I smell BS - Hank Hunter

well Hank, you have a very good nose:smile:

Im just being a smart A$$ Ford owner!

abbyfireguy
11-19-2006, 10:36 AM