PDA

View Full Version : Hoyt Rampage?

Shooter
08-19-2012, 01:51 PM
My son ordered a Hoyt Rampage bow the other day. Is this a good bow for a beginner archer? I think he ordered it in a 29" draw and #50-#60 weight. What extras will be needed to be added after the bow arrives?

What are some honest opinions of this bow?

Bowzone_Mikey
08-19-2012, 02:00 PM
its a good bow for what it is ... an entry level to get you hooked .... Extras: Rest, Sight, Peep, Stab, arrows and components (fletching, points and inserts .. nocks etc...) Release aid, quiver ... case.

they are Cast risers as opposed to the machined risers of higher end bows IIRC ... so dont expect them to be flawless ... but as long as it fits him ... he should like it

kootenay kid
10-14-2012, 10:01 PM
this is my second year bowhunting .. i bought a hoyt rampage xt last year and love it. i still spend a lot of time shooting it and have harvested some animals with it. I'm not sure about the rampage (not the rampage xt ) because i have never shot it but hoyt is known to make great bows. as for extras they have already been mentioned above. just make sure you get everything fitted right and set up proper by someone who knows what there doing so your son is happy with it. shooting can be very frustrating if something is off and you can't figure out what it is .... happy shooting and good luck.

GOLDEN TOP SNIPER
11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
i recently learned you should never order a Bow that you havent handled in your grip . every bow is different . im leaning towards a new Mathews for just that reason . the grip is super good . interchangable as well . you wont get that with some Bows . Altho i do like Hoyt as well they fit nice in my Hand . i was eyeing up a Hoyt Vector 35 .