PDA

View Full Version : trail cam would you take?

dingdongdenny
08-17-2012, 05:08 PM
going into kelowna area sept 22 week ,with my son for youth any buck. Question is would you take trail cam to check out descent trial that you spotted , and check back in a couple of days?and were would you go for his first kill?:smile:

TheProvider
08-17-2012, 06:42 PM
I prefer to always have a spare cam in my pack.

todbartell
08-17-2012, 11:07 PM
a lot of them are so compact that you easily could put one in your day pack. I've been thinking of doing that for this fall when we go on a trip

hunter1947
08-18-2012, 02:47 AM
I have one trail cam that weighs only one pound with the batteries in it ,never at anytime will it hurt to see what is the area you plan to hunt ,get one and take it with you and put it out..

dingdongdenny
08-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I guess you at least would know if thre are any animals around,you wouldn"t be able to pattern them.

Darksith
08-18-2012, 05:23 PM
theres a couple good reasons to bring several trail cams with you...first you can strategically place them around camp to bust anyone that is messing with your stuff...place it away from camp so it will get a license plate picture...the theives may look around the tree line for one, but would they notice a little one across the road from camp...;).

Also night recon, especially in white tail country is a great thing.