PDA

View Full Version : What Will They Think Of Next?

IronNoggin
08-17-2012, 10:59 AM
Looks Good for those chilly mornings in hunting camp or on the boat! http://hot-can.com/index2usa.html

Apparently coming to canada soon now. I'm going to have to give a few of them a try - kind of appeals to my somewhat lazy morning attitude at times... :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

keoke
08-17-2012, 11:24 AM
I think campbells soup was going to try this, I remember reading something about it, but I think they went with the microwaveable cans instead.

rred
08-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Not a bad idea granted the product tastes alright

IronNoggin
08-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Kind of hoping the brewing companies take a little notice, and come up with Self-Cooling Beer Cans!!! :twisted:

Marc
08-21-2012, 10:02 PM
I've tried something similar, might be the same company. In the military they have these rations for submarines. When a sub sinks and loses power it gets cold down there in a hurry. While you're waiting to get rescued you can warm your hands one one of these babies while it heats your meal. It gets so hot you can actually burn your mouth if you're not careful.

The Dude
08-22-2012, 12:34 AM
Noggin:

What exactly were you searching for when you hit a link to HOT and CANS? Hmmmmmmmm????? :D

IronNoggin
08-22-2012, 11:54 AM
What exactly were you searching for when you hit a link to HOT and CANS? Hmmmmmmmm????? :D

Actually get quite enough of that at home Dude so no need for pointless online panderings, but thanks for askin'... :-P

They're Heeeeeerrreee: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=hot-can&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Cheers,
Nog

Sundance1972
09-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Anyone tried these yet? Might be nice to have a couple in the boat.

dakoda62
09-17-2012, 05:46 PM
They would be handy on the quad.

heyblast
09-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Hot soup in the duck blind would be darn nice, I'm going to give it a try.

anglo-saxon
09-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Not a new concept. We had them in the Brit Army in the late 80's and then they soon showed up in civi camping stores. You pulled a ring at the bottom and it got hotter than hell. Proper meals, too. Not just beverages and soup. They ahd chili, stew, beans and weiners, etc. Not bad in a pinch.

Sundance1972
09-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Actually get quite enough of that at home Dude so no need for pointless online panderings, but thanks for askin'... :-P

They're Heeeeeerrreee: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=hot-can&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Cheers,
Nog

Checked the Walmart . ca site and no listing? Anyone know where (or if?) you can find them around Duncan or Nanaimo? Can't stop thinking about the damn things and want to try some!!

MOOSE MILK
09-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Good idea, but are we creating a new form of polution? Are these cans gonna be floating all over the water like the beer cans and leaching some kind of chemicals? And I bet the sharp shooters will be poping at them all over the bush, just sayin'.