PDA

View Full Version : mystery ranch crewcab for moose

ditch donkey
08-16-2012, 08:44 AM
Hello I am interested in buying a mystery ranch crewcab pack . I am curious as to if people recommend this pack for packing out moose quarters or if a guy is better off using an external frame. I looked at pictures on there website and noticed pictures of quarters being packed, but I'm curious as to if people think a moose quarter would push the limits of this pack? Thanks for your input

todbartell
08-16-2012, 08:48 AM
I haven't packed any meat with mine yet, but I think the Crew Cab should be able to handle a quarter for sure.

08-16-2012, 08:50 AM
I've packed-out a couple of elk with my pack, and it worked fine. I would think moose quarters would be a challenge to fit into the cargo area of the pack. A pure freighter pack would probably work a bit better.

KodiakHntr
08-16-2012, 09:06 AM
You won't push the limits of the pack, but you might push the limits of what you can handle.

Be aware too, that the pack geometry on the crew is different from the bigger versions like the 6500/7500 in that the load lifters pull at a much shallower angle on the crew cab. Means more weight on your shoulders. The load sling is similar to the crewcab in that regard.

Regardless of that though, I'd not be afraid of strapping 150lb quarters to my crew.....

goinghunting
08-20-2012, 09:03 AM
I've packed out 2 elk with my crew cab and it has worked great for both! I highly recomend the crew cab to anyone its so versatile and works awesome as a load hauler! You won't regret buying that pack