PDA

View Full Version : Char in Tacheeda

bc7mm
08-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Which of the two lakes is better for char, anyone hear of anyting big being dredged up lately? Think'in on giving it a try on the weekend.

thanks

ianwuzhere
08-16-2012, 07:24 AM
the farther lake has been lucky but that was couple years ago..

Benthos
08-16-2012, 11:04 PM
All catch and release now as well

3006pg
08-16-2012, 11:21 PM
All catch and release now as well
quite unfortunate ! heard the char in there are mighty fine. was gunna go in last year but i saw the regs was all catch and release

wrenchhead
08-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Went camping there a few years ago and it was steady action for rainbows on the fly on the shoals in front the site.

IronNoggin
08-17-2012, 12:02 PM
...Think'in on giving it a try on the weekend.

Don't forget the camera this time Buddy!! :twisted:

Good Luck! Hope you find a few BIGGIES!! :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Nog

bc7mm
08-19-2012, 10:28 AM
Catch and restock doesn't bother me, pretty much all I do anyway, especially big char, takes too long to grow'em big enough to matter.

Yes Nog, a camera, I know, might need to get me one of those. Maybe when I buy my first cell phone I'll pick one of those up too.

Happy fishin all

IronNoggin
08-19-2012, 11:17 AM
... Yes Nog, a camera, I know, might need to get me one of those. Maybe when I buy my first cell phone I'll pick one of those up too.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif Love That! Be a rather nice Welcome to the TWENTIETH Century my Friend!!

Gotta admit I also fought hard against the cell phone thing. Forced basically into it by The Missuz - safety net when in the bush (guess no-one told her about the Dead Zones! :roll:). But I got used to it, and now carry it most of the time. Rarely turn the damn thing on though... :twisted:

That said, I do consider a decent digital camera damn near an essential for fishing or hunting! Check the prices Man, they have actually become quite affordable... :-P

Back to fishing... Did you go?

Cheers,
Nog

bc7mm
08-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Ended up at Dragon with my daughter again, not a spectactular day fishing but got a great sunburn and got to play dodge the tubers. About 10 fish, mostly small ones, big one of the day was about 2.5 lbs, muddler again outfished everything else we tried. All the bigger ones came out of 24 feet of water.

Better than mowing the grass or workin on my old house.

Tacheeda will still be there another day