PDA

View Full Version : Chowade trail...

BCHunterFSJ
08-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Does anyone know about the condition of the Chowade ATV trail in Region 7b?
I was last there about 15 years ago!
Is it still passable....
Thanks!

KodiakHntr
08-16-2012, 06:47 AM
As far as I've heard it's doable. Know a few guys that were in there a few weeks ago. Sounds like they did pretty well on bull trout as well.

Fairly sporty ride though....

PeaceHunter
08-16-2012, 09:06 AM
This is a provincial rec trail so shouldn't be in too bad of shape. Watch the access management restrictions (have to stay on the trail or within either 10 or 400 metres - not sure depends on the trail in the MKMA) and no ATV's over 500kg.

KodiakHntr - you might want to tell your friends that came up to the Chowade to read the fishing regs next time. Bull trout are release only in the Peace River watershed (page 71 of the hunting regs).

Stone Sheep Steve
08-16-2012, 09:18 AM
KodiakHntr - you might want to tell your friends that came up to the Chowade to read the fishing regs next time. Bull trout are release only in the Peace River watershed (page 71 of the hunting regs).

Did he say they bonked them?

SSS

KodiakHntr
08-16-2012, 09:47 AM
Laughin'.....Pretty sure these particular guys didn't bonk any fish, being that they are fairly conservative and are sticklers for conservation and rules.

Incidentally, I know that they get pretty big up there, considering a lot of the pic's I saw showed bulls in the 15lb+ range, but I wasn't aware they were now classified as 'Big Game'.......(grin)

Bull trout are release only in the Peace River watershed (page 71 of the hunting regs).

PeaceHunter
08-17-2012, 08:09 AM
Whoops, sorry, meant fishing regs of course, (hunting season fever!)