PDA

View Full Version : Permit to Accompany question?

RoscoeP
08-14-2012, 03:27 PM
So my son and I are going hunting near Logan lake and his best friend wants to come with us. My son is getting the permit to accompany and sending a copy to his friend. It appears that the only place his friend can get his licience and species tags is at a government agent. But he will be driving out from Edmonton on a Sunday so they will be closed. And it will mess up part of Monday if we have to drive to Kamploops or Merrit. I have made numerous calls today and can't seem to get a straight answer.

Has anyone here gone through this before? Could my son pick up the licience and tags or could his friend get them mailed out to him so we can hunt right away. Considering what the licience and tags plus royalty fees are, and my son has to pay $50 to get the permit to bring him, you think they would make it easier. Just doing the phone run around today has got me riled up.:mad:

Any help on this matter much appreciated. Cheers Roscoe:smile:

yama49
08-14-2012, 03:29 PM
yes your son can purchase them, when he receives the approved permit.

bighornbob
08-14-2012, 03:44 PM
yes your son can purchase them, when he receives the approved permit.

How is the guy supposed to sign them in front of an agent???

bighornbob
08-14-2012, 03:47 PM
So my son and I are going hunting near Logan lake and his best friend wants to come with us. My son is getting the permit to accompany and sending a copy to his friend. It appears that the only place his friend can get his licience and species tags is at a government agent. But he will be driving out from Edmonton on a Sunday so they will be closed. And it will mess up part of Monday if we have to drive to Kamploops or Merrit. I have made numerous calls today and can't seem to get a straight answer.

Has anyone here gone through this before? Could my son pick up the licience and tags or could his friend get them mailed out to him so we can hunt right away. Considering what the licience and tags plus royalty fees are, and my son has to pay $50 to get the permit to bring him, you think they would make it easier. Just doing the phone run around today has got me riled up.:mad:

Any help on this matter much appreciated. Cheers Roscoe:smile:

No real difference then any other government service. Try getting your drivers license on Sunday???

If he is only coming out Sunday ( I am assuming he is going to be here for the week) then he is only missing a few hours Monday Morning. Not a bad trade off to hunt another province if you ask me.

BHB

fester
08-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Your son picks them up and his friend signs it when your son gives it to him. Its quite an easy process and well explained online and in the authorization they will send to your son. The pain in the butt is waiting at Service BC to get the tags.

HD95
08-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Your son picks them up and his friend signs it when your son gives it to him. Its quite an easy process and well explained online and in the authorization they will send to your son. The pain in the butt is waiting at Service BC to get the tags.

Fester is right on the money with his answer

BlacktailStalker
08-14-2012, 05:32 PM
They are good for a month. Nothing complicated about the process, I've done it a couple times.
Remember they are a gov office so apply in ADVANCE, meaning 4-6 weeks if possible.

bugler
08-14-2012, 08:03 PM

Good to know. I have applied for the permit for my cousin and was wondering the same thing. I thought I read that he could get his licenses through the mail but would be easier if I can buy them. Our problem was that we were going to meet him on our way up north on Saturday and fly out to a lake on Sunday. This is good news!

yama49
08-14-2012, 08:12 PM
[QUOTE=bighornbob;1189680]How is the guy supposed to sign them in front of an agent???[/QUOT

I just recevied mine, and it says i can go down and pick them up for my friend.

Heres what it says on email..

Now that you have received your approved permit, either yourself or the non-resident(s) listed on your permit may purchase the non-resident hunting licence(s) and species tag(s) for your hunt. These can be purchased at any Service BC Centre in BC with a copy of your approved permit. For a list of locations of Service BC offices, please visit Service BC’s website at: http://www.servicebc.gov.bc.ca/services/contact/.

RoscoeP
08-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Well that is good news, my son can pick them up in advance and his friend can sign them when we meet. So we can be out for the late afternoon hunt on Sunday and ready for Monday morning, no wasted time. Thanks for the replys everyone. Cheers Roscoe

.330 Dakota
08-14-2012, 10:05 PM
How is the guy supposed to sign them in front of an agent???

He doesnt...I just did this in the spring...I accompanied a buddy from Alberta on a spring bear hunt,,,same situation,,a weekend coming,,,so I went in on Friday and bought everything including the species lic...no hassle at all.

lorneparker1
08-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Can you accompany every year>?

.330 Dakota
08-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Can you accompany every year>?

Yes you can but the same hunter/guest cannot be accompanied more than once in the same callender year